September 11, 2012
Palace Resorts offer signature amenities and unparalleled service that will leave you in awe of the exceptional all-inclusive vacation experience provided. Read more
May 9, 2012
AMResorts has been providing guests with luxury getaways in 28 gorgeous locations for over ten years. Featuring Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets, Dreams, Now and Sunscape Resorts and Spas, they have something for every age and interest. Experience Endless Privileges®, Unlimited-Luxury®, or Unlimited-Fun® in picturesque settings, where everything is included: Limitless meals, snacks and premium beverages in gourmet restaurants and stylish bars, 24-hour room and concierge services, mini-bars refreshed daily, and endless day and evening activities to amuse you. Experience the ultimate in relaxation and pampering in world-class spas, or tee off at nearby championship golf courses – many offering complimentary greens fees.
Book AMResorts online at www.travelimpressions.com
Agents: Log on to Quest to book
Travelers: To book, search our locator to find a Travel Agency.
May 4, 2012
With Cinco de Mayo just a few hours away, we saw it fitting to share with you 15 amazing activities and tours in Mexico to create an unique experience you’ll never forget. [compiled by Elyse Elkin, Travel Impressions]
- Chichen Itza - The majestic city of Chichen Itza awaits you; Capitol of the ancient Maya, visit the Castle, and see the stairs of which end in two large serpents heads. Tour the Temple of the Warriors, the Ceremonial Ball courts, the Observatory, and the Sacred Well (Cenote Sagrado) were archaeologists have found ceramic offerings, and objects made of precious stones and metals.
- Xcaret- Enjoy the Caribbean Sea swimming on the beach, lagoons, ponds, canals and sacrificial wells. Snorkel among colorful fish and explore archeological sites. Visit the Botanical Garden and the Nursery, Butterfly Pavilion, Tropical Aquarium as well as the wild bird hatchery and the Maya town.
- Swiming with the Dolphins at Isla Mujeres – Guests will enjoy the thrill of gently rubbing the dolphins’ skin as they swim next to these creatures. Experience “free time” to interact more spontaneously with the dolphins allowing everyone a very personal contact.
- Tulum/Xel-Ha – Visit the beachside Mayan ruins of Tulum and its Temple of the Frescoes, The Castle, the Temple of the Descending God, Casa del Halach Uinic, the House of the Columns and Temple of the Wind. Also explore Xel-Ha, a protected habitat for regional marine life.
- Xplor – Step into a unique underground world, and discover a hidden universe below the Earth’s surface. Experience the feat of scouting the 4 elements through adventure activities with the safest, most modern equipment. This amazing experience offers: Stalactites River: Swim through the most spectacular mysterious routes, surrounded by amazing stalactites and stalagmites, and discover the secrets of the underground world. Amphibious: Feel the adventure of conquering all terrains, and daunting the borders between jungle, water, rocks and grottos, on mighty two seated amphibious vehicle. Underground Rafts: Set sail on a raft, and paddle with your hands over crystal clear waters among age old rocky formations, which lead to discover the deepest boundaries of our planet. Zip Lines: Gaze at the ground, trees and caves from heights far above, and be amazed by them, surrender to freedom and cross over 2 miles of airborne adventure.
- Caletas by Day Tour - Only accessible by sea, Las Caletas stands out against a steep, jungle clad backdrop of green canopies. One hour’s sea cruise to paradise ensures that you witness some of the most dramatic coastal scenery Vallarta has to offer! Once you arrive at Las Caletas, you can choose between pure relaxation, or gentle exploration of our exclusive tropical beach hideaway. The Las Caletas tour includes: buffet lunch, all beverages, guided snorkeling and kayaking tours, parrot and deer encounters, nature walks, yoga, and cooking lessons.
- Canopy Tour Zip Lines – Our Canopy tour gives you the chance to see this amazing world. Guests traverse from tree to tree, platform to platform using pulleys on horizontal traverse cables, as they sail through the treetops of the forest canopy. Expert guides assist you in this exciting journey.
- City Tour – The city tour takes you to some of the most beautiful historical places such as the boardwalk and the main Church. You will also visit the city hall, flea market, Los Arcos, a tequila factory and its downtown for shopping in romantic or old Vallarta.
- Marietas Islands – The first-class catamarans carry you out to the shelter of the Marietas Islands, whose waters offer an ideal ecosystem for a prolific diversity of sea life. Explore the rocky caverns and archways by kayak or by snorkeling or scuba diving. Keep an eye out for the giant manta rays, sea turtles, and an abundance of multi-colored fish. Our professional guides are always on hand to help, advise, and above all to ensure that you have fun. After you explore to your heart’s content, a relaxing afternoon siesta gives you the opportunity to kick back and relax on the white sands of a beautiful, secluded beach. This tour offers a wonderful opportunity to combine sun and fun while discovering the wonders of the natural world that our Bay has to offer. Humpback whales are regularly sighted in the Bay from November to April and dolphin encounters are a regular, year-round occurrence.
- Rhythms of the Night Cruise - A scenic sunset cruise across Banderas Bay takes you to the isolated cove of Las Caletas, where flickering torches, gently lapping seas and swaying palms set the mood for a mesmerizing Aztec mystic ceremony deep within the tropical forest that will captivate your heart and leave you breathless. The enticing aroma of grilled steak, chicken and fish lure you towards secluded beachside tables bathed in the soft glow of candles where you can also enjoy freshly prepared vegetables, salads, handmade tortillas and their home grown coffee! You will savor every moment of this unique dining experience as the ocean laps at your feet, palms sway overhead and your waiter caters to your every whim. Highly recommended for couples.
- ATV Tour – Try something unique in Los Cabos as you ride the spectacular outback dirt roads located in the Cabo Real area on the back of an ATV. Along the way a unique little waterfall in the middle of the desert, and a cool breeze in your face, will charm you as you ride all the way to the beach.
- Land’s End Boat & Panaromic Tour- Visit a blown glass factory before boarding a glass-bottom boat for a scenic cruise to the tip of the peninsula. You’ll see incredible rock formations, the beautiful Arch, a sea lion colony and abundant marine life. After, you’ll have the option of enjoying a swim at Medano Beach or shopping in downtown San Lucas.
- City Tour - Enjoy a driving tour that combines Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo. In San Jose Del Cabo, visit the bird estuary, hotel zone and main town square. Then you’ll arrive in Cabo San Lucas where you can enjoy a spectacular view of the famous Arch, plus tour the town center, main marina, restaurants, stores and open-air market.
- Snorkeling-Sail Fiesta - Board a double-decker snorkeling boat at the marina in Cabo San Lucas and sail past a sea lion colony and the Arch. You’ll arrive at spectacular Santa Maria Bay, a beautiful and unspoiled area that houses over 200 species of exotic fish. Unwind in this secluded tropical cove of brilliant white sand where you can snorkel and swim.
- Sunset Dinner Cruise - Enjoy all of Land’s End impressive beauty as you take in the spectacular Arch, frolicking sea lions and an enchanting sunset. An open bar and Mexican buffet are included.
Puerto Vallarta Tours
Los Cabos Tours
Elyse Elkin, VP of Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Latin America Product
Lived in Mexico for 4 years, and has visited dozens of times!