May 9, 2012
AMResorts has been providing guests with luxury getaways in 28 gorgeous locations for over ten years. Featuring Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets, Dreams, Now and Sunscape Resorts and Spas, they have something for every age and interest. Experience Endless Privileges®, Unlimited-Luxury®, or Unlimited-Fun® in picturesque settings, where everything is included: Limitless meals, snacks and premium beverages in gourmet restaurants and stylish bars, 24-hour room and concierge services, mini-bars refreshed daily, and endless day and evening activities to amuse you. Experience the ultimate in relaxation and pampering in world-class spas, or tee off at nearby championship golf courses – many offering complimentary greens fees.
Book AMResorts online at www.travelimpressions.com
Agents: Log on to Quest to book
Travelers: To book, search our locator to find a Travel Agency.
April 27, 2012
Sandals Resorts has 7 beautiful locations in Jamaica, giving you the opportunity to indulge yourself in the amazing sights, tastes, and experiences these havens have to offer. Here are some of my favorites: [compiled by Kelly Tierney, Travel Impressions]
1. Sandals Cay Private Island – You must visit this private island when staying at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island. You’ll find a gorgeous beach, pool, cabanas and an authentic Thai Restaurant. You can even have a massage on the island!
2. Sunsets - The sunsets at Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa are among the most beautiful in the entire world. They’re especially enjoyable from the Crystal Lagoon Suites, where you can swim outside directly from your guest suite. This is one of my personal favorites.
3. Bluefield Beach Club – This restaurant at Sandals Whitehouse European Village & Spa offers the best authentic Jamaican cuisine just steps from the beach. The jerk chicken is to die for!
4. Ochi Beach Club – Imagine lying on a Balinese cabana and then dining at a new gourmet restaurant directly over the ocean. This is what you’ll experience when visiting the The Ochi Beach Club at Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort. At night, the fire pits create a relaxing and romantic atmosphere that you’ll never want to leave!
5. Champagne and Caviar Bar- The Champagne and Caviar Bar at Sandals Royal Plantation really shouldn’t be missed. The caviar is such a delicacy and it’s the only bar of its kind on the island!
6. Wedding Chapel – If you’re in love and are ready to take the big step with your special someone, consider staying at Sandals Montego Bay, the only resort with its own wedding chapel on the island. Say “I do” in style!
7. West Indian Massage – This massage is so unique and luxurious that you’ll think you’re in heaven for 80 luxurious minutes. You’ll receive a full body massage, hot stone therapy, tantalizing tropical mist, and even exfoliation for your tired feet. I enjoyed one of these massages after a long day of meetings, and it left me feeling completely resorted!
Kelly Tierney, Associate Director, Sandals Accounts
LOVES Sandals Resorts and has visited those in Jamaica 32 times!
Book Sandals Resorts with Travel Impressions
Agents: log on to Quest for Agents
Travelers: Search our locator to find a Travel Agency http://www.travimp.com/bookonline
April 20, 2012
Few places can provide the entire package quite like Puerto Rico can. This is an island destination that offers so much for a wide range of preferences, and the fact that it’s easy to get to, makes this a winning vacation combination!
This is my list of “musts” that Puerto Rico vacationers should make every attempt to experience: (Curated by Travel Impressions’ Veronica Vega)
1. Kayak the Bioluminescent Bay at Laguana Grande in Fajardo. This is one of the most magical things I’ve ever experienced. You’ll glide on calm waters through the mangroves in your kayak in the evening dark, as you reach a clearing where you’ll see the diamond like effect of the waters that glitter when stirred.
2. Stroll around Old San Juan. It’s the oldest city under the U.S flag and with its paved cobblestone 7-square-block area, and carefully restored 16th and 17th-century Spanish colonial buildings, this area oozes charm. Great unique shopping and many fabulous restaurants, make this a favorite pasttime.
3. Taste local food favorites. I can’t say enough about the food in Puerto Rico! It’s local delicacies range from rice and beans, fresh seafood, pork or much more. Try mofongo – one of my favorites! It’s a garlicky dish made in combination of plantains and options such as pork or shrimp. I enjoy mofongo with veggies. Of course you can choose from a wide array of local drinks. Did you know the Pina Colada is said to be a Puerto Rican invention? Legend has it, that it was created by a Caribe Hilton bartender.
4. Explore a Tropical Rain Forest. Visiting the El Yunque rain forest is inspiring owing to its natural beauty. You’ll also take in the myriad of living things, sounds, smells, and textures.
5. Zip line Toro Verde. When I visited Puerto Rico this past December, I had the chance to experience the zip line for the first time. I’m not an adrenaline junkie, but if you are, this really fits the bill. They switch it up here a bit, and I experienced a customized grouping of lines along with the infamous Bestia, which means Beast in Spanish. You will be secured into a large body harness, as you lay down to get attached to the cables from your back. Flying through the air like a bird (or, in my case, a screaming loon) was a most exhilarating experience!
6. Experience Rio Camuy Cave Park. The world’s third-longest known subterranean stream has created a sinkhole deep enough to swallow a 30-story building. National Geographic Travel says, “You won’t forget it… ever.” I agree!
7. Paint the town red. This special Caribbean island offers a fantastic cosmopolitan nightlife. Salsa and merengue might be the spice of this awesome little island’s evenings, but there is so much to do in Puerto Rico, and you can find something every night into the wee hours.
8. Rent a car. Some of the best sites and activities I have seen or done in Puerto Rico weren’t researched before I visited; they were surprises I stumbled upon. Driving here is a breeze. Arranging a car rental beforehand is not only effortless but recommended. Puerto Rico is an easy island to explore and every time I visit, I find new reasons to love it!
Veronica Vega, Travel Impressions’ Associate Director of Caribbean Marketing.
Profile: Veronica has visited Puerto Rico 6 times and is a huge fan of the island!