Riu Palace Tropical Bay
New Look. New Style. New Reasons To Go!
Everybody loves a makeover, and we're no different! Now, every month, you'll be able to get a sneak peek at the newest and most exciting restorations, additions, improvements or changes made by a hotel or resort. Monthly Makeovers will help showcase the before and after looks and styles of each participating property, providing a valuable tool to use to guide your clients in the right direction when choosing their dream vacation destination.
One of RIU Hotels & Resorts’ hotels on the beach of Bloody Bay, Jamaica has recently finished a complete makeover. Riu Palace Tropical Bay has received a major facelift to its public areas as well as its guestrooms. 452 guestrooms have either been refreshed with more modern furnishings and décor or have just been recently added. The lobby has replaced its dark colors with pastel shades and more natural light, thanks to the addition of picture windows. All the restaurants in the main building have been redesigned and renovated and Capuchino, a café and ice cream parlor has been added. One of the biggest additions to the hotel is the introduction of RiuLand, a kid’s club that is the perfect spot for children of all ages to enjoy. So, come and take a look at the totally renovated Riu Palace Tropical Bay and let yourself be carried away by the charismatic Jamaica vibe.
- Addition of the kid’s club, RiuLand with their own exclusive pool
- New bar, Lounge 24 that offers drinks and snacks all day
- Guestrooms feature modern furnishing in pale tones set against turquoise details
- Walk-in showers have replaced bathtubs in all guestrooms
- Redesigned pool area with three pools and a swim-up bar
- New café and ice cream parlor, Capuchino
Hawks Cay Resort
Duck Key - Florida
After a nearly one-year closure due to hurricane damages, Hawks Cay Resort marked the completion of the more than $50 million dollar renovation. This reimagined hotel celebrates its island sensibility with a design that allows its magnificent ocean surroundings to become the centerpiece of the refreshed hotel. The new coastal-inspired décor is infused with a color palette of tropical hues and patterns that reflect the movement of the ocean. This landmark Florida Keys destination resort’s renovations also included updates to the lobby, 177 guestrooms, two restaurants and the public areas.
- Introduction of Hawks Cay Marketplace, a casual eatery with sandwiches and salads to pizzas and pastas
- New modern steakhouse, Sixty-one Prime
- Redesign was influenced by the mid-century design of Morris Lapidus
- Expansion of the adults-only area with a bar, restaurant, outdoor lounge and fire pit
- New vanity and accents in guestroom bathrooms
- Updated furnishings, fixtures and textiles in every guestroom
Tours operated by Travel Impressions, Ltd. Blackout, weekend, holiday and peak season surcharges apply. Information and promotion are accurate at time of publication and are subject to changes, exceptions, cancellation charges and restrictions. Not responsible for errors or omissions in the publication of this information. Valid for new bookings only. TRB5088_SL_5.1.15