Riu Palace Punta Cana
New Look. New Style. New Reasons To Go!
Everybody loves a makeover, and we're no different! Now, every month, you'll be able to get a sneak peek at the newest and most exciting restorations, additions, improvements or changes made by a hotel or resort. Monthly Makeovers will help showcase the before and after looks and styles of each participating property, providing a valuable tool to use to guide your clients in the right direction when choosing their dream vacation destination.
RIU Hotels & Resorts has just reopened Riu Palace Punta Cana after an extensive renovation of all its facilities and services. The project ranged from a new interior design to the addition of pools and restaurants. The main building received a brand-new spa, the addition of a café as well as a renovated lobby space. Public areas such as the garden were redesigned to include four swimming pools; even one with slides for the kids to enjoy. All 676 guestrooms now feature a contemporary style with classic wood furniture and a simple modern look. With the completion of this makeover, RIU has now finished its renewal of their Punta Cana complex.
- Addition of café and pastry shop, Capuchino
- Brand-new Spanish restaurant, La Bodega
- Renovated lobby with new décor
- Main building now has a new gym, sauna and spa
- Guest bathrooms now feature large walk-in showers
- All existing restaurants received a new design
- Addition of three pools
- RiuLand, the kids club has been added
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
Orlando - Florida
Last year, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort received its largest makeover in history. This $150 million redesign transformed all 2,270 guest rooms in both resorts and made some upgrades to the Dolphin’s lobby area. All guestrooms feature a new look that reflects the resort’s water-themed architecture with updated carpeting, furniture and a brighter color scheme. The Dolphin Resort lobby now showcases enhanced lighting, additional seating areas, a quick service restaurant and a bar. This makeover was completed just in time for guests of the resort to come and enjoy all the new openings at Walt Disney World® Theme Park.
- Addition of blue carpet and beige furniture to all rooms
- Guest bathrooms feature either a shower/tub combo or walk-in shower
- Fuel, a new quick service and grab-and-go food and drink option also in the Dolphin lobby
- New backsplash design, sinks and toilets in all guest bathrooms
- Brand-new grand chandelier was added to the Dolphin lobby
- Phins, a new bar centrally located in the Dolphin lobby
Tours operated by Travel Impressions, Ltd. Blackout, weekend, holiday and peak season surcharges apply. Information and promotion are accurate at time of publication and are subject to changes, exceptions, cancellation charges and restrictions. Not responsible for errors or omissions in the publication of this information. Valid for new bookings only. TRB5088_SL_5.1.15