Distance from hotel to George F L Charles Airport (SLU), 80 minutes. Distance from hotel to Hewanorra International Airport (UVF), 45 minutes.
The Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is without question located in one of the most spectacular sites in the world, the majestic valley of the Pitons (Val des Pitons). The beauty of the Pitons, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, is unparalleled. The atmosphere is unobtrusive and lends to a truly intimate and relaxed experience. The resort is spread across more than one hundred acres of tropical forest unsurpassed for its natural beauty, with the only white sand beach in the area. Formerly a working sugar plantation, the property has a long history of owners including Lord Glenconner, famously known for his friendship with Princess Margaret and the once famous proprietor of the Bang Restaurant.
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is located on the south western part of St. Lucia about 3 miles outside the town of Soufriere, between the world famous Pitons. Soufriere is a historic town with the island's main natural attractions; the drive-in volcano, botanical gardens and water- falls in close proximity. It is a 45 minute drive from Hewannorra International Airport (UVF) and one hour and 20 minutes From George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU).
- Accommodations (96)
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Car Rental ($)
- Ping Pong
- Tennis Lessons ($)
- Tour Desk
- Trail/Track (jogging)
- Trail/Track (walking)
- Volleyball (beach)
• Multi-System Gym
• Cardiovascular Equipment
• Aerobics, Step, Aqua, Stretch and Dance Class
• Yoga ($)
• Pilates ($) Children's Activities The Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is a family friendly resort. Resort provides supervised activities for children between the ages of 5-12 years old. Children under 5 will not be accommodated unless accompanied by an adult. All activities are complimentary, fun and educational and combine the rainforest environment and marine biology information with story telling, dance classes and craft making. Watersports (non-motorized) Windsurfing Sailing Kayaking Hobiecats Pedalos Snorkelling Watersports Lessons Scuba Diving: ($)
• Scuba Diving is available at an extra cost
• Marine Park fees are additional (and mandatory)
• Wetsuit rentals are also available at an additional cost. Spa The atmosphere of the new Rainforest Spa blend traditional St Lucian culture, a strong Caribbean aesthetic and experience, with modern techniques and sensibilities. The Rainforest Spa provides high touch experiences that are indicative and respectful of the local environment and the ritual & palette of the island. Most importantly, these treatments and experiences yield results. The Rainforest Spa Features: -7 treehouse treatment gazebos -1 wet treatment room with manicure and pedicure facilities -1 earthen steam room warmed by volcanic spring water. Called a Temascal, this earth and stone dome was used by Amerindians for both health and religious purposes
• Beauty Suite with hairdressing salon and specialist skin/facial treatment room
• Open-air relaxation gazebo suspended over running water at the base of the Petit Piton. Dive Center PADI Certificated Dive Center. Full PADI courses and certification; PADI Open Water, Adventure Dive and Rescue. Includes all equipment, air fills and boat. ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
Beach, Leisure and Family Friendly.
• Check-in-time: 4:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children 16 and under stay for free on the European Plan (EP - room only) in same room as parents using existing bedding.
• There are different child age breaks for the meal plans, please see the Meal Plan Options section for further details.
• Sugar Mill Luxury - 2 adults or 1 adult and 1 child.** Superior Sugar Mill Luxury - 2 adults or 1 adult and 1 child.** Luxury Cottage - 2 adults or 1 adult and 1 child.** Luxury Villa - 2 adults or 1 adult and 1 child.** Superior Luxury Villa - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.** Superior Luxury Cottage - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.** Grand Luxury Villa - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.** Ocean View Grand Luxury Villa - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.** Luxury Beachfront Bungalow - 2 adults.** Two Bedroom Beach Front Bungalow - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Two Bedroom Grand Luxury Villa - 6 adults or 4 adults and 4 children.**
• (**) All room configurations can accommodate one baby cot in addition to max numbers.
Sugar Mill Luxury, (UUH) the newly renovated, spacious Rooms are located close to the heart of Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort with expansive views of the resort's lush gardens and palm lawn. Each one has a private walled garden and plunge pool and boasts the same plantation elegant styling associated with the resort's luxury villa category. Four poster bed, butler service, iPod docking station, flat screen television, and signature bathroom amenities.
Superior Sugar Mill Luxury, (SRX) these newly renovated and conveniently located rooms boast all the benefits of the Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms with the added bonus of a private roof terrace most with ocean and Gros Piton views.
Luxury Cottage, (LXU) Tucked amid the lush vegetation and fruit trees these accommodations offer enclaves of privacy, tranquility and stunning views. The spacious bedrooms speak to the resort's plantation history with high beamed ceilings and romantic voile draped four-poster beds. A small sitting area provides further space to relax indoors, while out- side a private terrace and plunge pool is an added bonus for those who like to bask in the warm Caribbean sunshine. The Luxury Cottages have breathtaking views of the dramatic Pitons, or views of the sparkling waters of Anse des Pitons below.
Luxury Villa, (LXV) luxurious yet unpretentious, the new Luxury Villas at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort feature gracious plantation styling with an emphasis on seclusion, comfort, relaxation and ultimate escape.
• Quintessentially Caribbean in style, the Luxury Villas perfectly embody the beauty and tranquility of their surroundings. Take in the incredible Piton mountain views or expansive vistas across the waters of Anse des Pitons as you stretch out on your private patio or refresh in your private, over-sized plunge pool. The spacious, breezy bedrooms invite respite from the Caribbean sun with their crisp, white palette. Elegant hardwood floors and custom-made furnishings, including a dreamlike four- poster bed, romantic voile draping, sensually soft sofas, and a tropical sanctuary feel, re-emphasize the indulgent St Lucia villa ambiance.
Superior Luxury Villa, (SL0) experience a beautifully appointed villa suite on St Lucia comprising of a spacious bedroom with four poster bed and tastefully furnished with custom made wardrobes, armoires, sofa and night stands in white. A flat screen TV with DVD player is also located in the bedroom. The bedroom and bathroom suite are paneled and feature a polished wooden floor. Essentially Caribbean in style the villa is equipped with a very large bathroom featuring a roll-top Victorian-style bath, enormous walk in shower, separate WC and bidet and in some cases the addition of an outside shower is a thoughtful asset, availing the guests of a private and sensual experience. Through the bedroom, guests walk into a living room area which is finished in white coral ceramic floor, with sofa and appropriate furnishings. French windows open out onto a large terrace with sundeck, large plunge pool and dining table and chairs.
Superior Luxury Cottage, (XXO) Tucked amid the lush vegetation and fruit trees these accommodations offer enclaves of privacy, tranquillity and stunning views. The spacious bedrooms speak to the resort's plantation history with high beamed ceilings and romantic voile draped four poster beds. The Luxury Cottages have breath taking views of the dramatic Pitons, or views of the sparkling waters of Anse des Pitons below. A separate living room provides further space to relax indoors, while out- side a private terrace and plunge pool is an added bonus for those who like to bask inthe warm Caribbean sunshine. The living room features a sofa bed, flat screen TV and other furnishings ensuring the ultimate in comfort.
Grand Luxury Villa, (G45) experience the ultimate in luxury and privacy in one of Sugar Beach's beautifully appointed Grand Luxury Villa Suites.
• These beautiful villas on St Lucia comprises a spacious bedroom with four-poster bed and are tastefully furnished with custom made wardrobes, armoires, sofa and night stands in white. A flat screen television with DVD player is also located in the bedroom. With styling described as plantation elegant and with hardwood floors throughout, the Grand Luxury Villa suite is equipped with a large bathroom featuring a roll-top Victorian-style bath, enormous walk-in shower, separate WC and bidet and, in some cases, the addition of an outside shower is a thoughtful asset, availing the guests of a private and sensual experience. The air- conditioned living room features a sofa bed, flat screen television and other furnishings ensuring the ultimate in comfort. The French windows of the living room open out onto a substantial open air furnished verandah with private sundeck and large plunge pool.
Ocean View Grand Luxury Villa, (OGX) Unparalleled Ocean Views are featured in the in the stunning one bedroom Ocean View Grand Luxury Villas at Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort. Featuring abundant space to accommodate families with young children or couples and honeymooners seeking ultimate seclusion. Designed as an inspired take on classic plantation style, the Grand Luxury Villas feature contemporary Caribbean decor with hardwood floors throughout. Large air-conditioned living rooms includes a sofa bed, flat screen television and lavish furnishings to ensure the utmost in comfort. Some rooms incorporate a second half bath with a shower, and basin, and WC. French windows in living rooms open out onto spacious, open-air furnished verandahs with private sun- decks and large plunge pools.
Luxury Beachfront Bungalow, (Q75) Set on the white sands of Sugar Beach, the eight Luxury Beachfront Bungalows are just steps away from the crystal waters of Anse des Pitons and feature luxurious yet unpretentious styling in keeping with their stunning setting. White washed adobe walls and a thatched roof help to create a relaxed ambience, while inside white washed pine floors, a flat screen television with DVD player, iPod docking station, luxury amenities, romantic king sized bed with high quality linens, and plush furnishings add chic sophistication. The large bathroom has a stand alone soaking tub and walk-in shower. A second out- door shower is situated in a private courtyard. There is also a covered open-air living area facing the spectacular waters of Anse des Pitons.
• Enjoy a dip in your private Jacuzzi while watching the waves lap the shore, or lower your privacy blinds and shut out the world.
Two Bedroom Beachfront Bungalow(*), (B02) Set on the white sands of Sugar Beach, the eight Luxury Beachfront Bungalows are just steps away from the crystal waters of Anse des Pitons and feature luxurious yet unpretentious styling in keeping with their stunning setting. White washed adobe walls and a thatched roof help to create a relaxed ambience, while inside white washed pine floors, a flat screen television with DVD player, iPod docking station, luxury amenities, romantic king sized bed with high quality linens, and plush furnishings add chic sophistication.
• The large bathroom has a stand alone soaking tub and walk-in shower. A second outdoor shower is situated in a private courtyard. There is also a covered open-air living area facing the spectacular waters of Anse des Pitons. Enjoy a dip in your private Jacuzzi while watching the waves lap the shore, or lower your privacy blinds and shut out the world. A limited number of Two Bedroom Luxury Beachront Bungalows are also available. These stunning villas have all of the amenities and chic styling of the one bedroom villas with the added benefit of a second bedroom just steps from the water's edge - a perfect choice for active beach-loving families.
Two Bedroom Grand Luxury Villa(*), (265) experience the ultimate in luxury and privacy in one of Sugar Beach's beautifully appointed Two Bedroom Grand Luxury Villas. With styling described as plantation elegant and with hardwood floors throughout, this deluxe villa is extremely spacious and ideal for a large family or group of friends traveling together. There are two spacious bedrooms with four-poster beds and ensuite bath- rooms. The bedrooms are tastefully furnished with custom made wardrobes, armoires, sofa and night stands in white. Flat screen TVs with DVD players are also located in the bedrooms. The very large bathrooms feature roll-top Victorian-style baths, enormous walk in showers, separate WCs and bidets and, in some cases, the addition of an outside shower is a thoughtful asset, availing the guests of a private and sensual experience. There are two living rooms, and two terraces, one covered and one open. Both have over-sized plunge pools.
• There are 44 new Luxury Villas and 11 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms in operation. Nestled into the mountain side, the newly renovated Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms are within close proximity of the main facilities and have the same plantation elegant styling of the Luxury Villas. Each has a private plunge pool and walled garden while the Superior Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms have the added benefit of a roof terrace.
• All Sugar Beach brand new luxury villas are built in small clusters and are furnished with a 4-poster bed, air conditioning, custom made furniture in white, flat screen television and iPod station, enormous walk-in body shower, claw foot bathtub, separate WC and bidet, wooden floor in bedroom and bathroom, oversize plunge pool, pool terrace and furniture, mini-bar.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: radio (am/fm, clock), mirror (make-up), telephone (direct dial), DVD player, television (satellite), VCR, air conditioning (individually controlled), bathrobes, ceiling fan, coffee/tea maker, data port, hairdryer, iPod docking station, iron, ironing board, mini-bar and safe (in-accommodation, electronic).
Sofa Bed In Superior Luxury Cottage, Superior Luxury Villa and Grand Luxury Villa
Rollaway Bed: ($)
• There is a nightly fee for the use of a rollaway bed. If the extra person charge is paid, then the rollaway bed fee will be waived.
• Room service is available daily from 6:00am- 12:00am and includes select menu choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Room service is not included in any meal plan and a delivery charge will be applied to the guests' incidentals bill.
Butler Service The resort offers personalized butler service with every reservation. The butler will welcome you on arrival and offer to unpack luggage, provide a laundry service, book dinner reservations and organize any other special requirements.
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
The Beach Bar, Get served the cocktail of your choice or food from the Bayside snack menu when relaxing at the beach or pool. Simply raise the red flag next to your beach or pool lounge and a member of the beach team will be there to provide you this very personalized service.
• Bar is open 9:00am-11:00pm. Beach menu available 10:30am-7:00pm.
The Cane Bar, a new specialty rum bar featuring cutting edge style, a glowing white bar, and comfortable over-sized furniture in a palette of white and soft charcoal, as well as a wide selection of rum and a "rummelier" to help guide guests through their choices. In addition to the offerings behind the bar, The Cane Bar also features a range of tasty dishes to provide the perfect accompaniment to your chosen libation. Enjoy a sashimi or sushi platter featuring the freshest catch of the day, try the slider trio with fish, chicken and beef topped with caramelized onions and organic arugula, or freshly grilled chicken, beef or vegetarian satay served with traditional satay sauce and bok choy kimchi. Dish selections may change according to market availability. This air-conditioned bar is open from 6:00pm to 1:00am, seven nights a week. Guests must be 18 years and over. Lighter fare served until 12:30am.
General Opening Hours: 6:00pm-1:00am General Opening Days: Daily
Dress Code: Resort Upscale. Required dress is Resort Upscale: Dress t-shirts or dress polo shirts, dress shorts, slacks or jeans, sundresses or skirts and similar apparel.
• Bathing suits are not permitted and footwear is required.
Palm Court Lounge, Afternoon tea is served 4:00pm-6:00pm.
General Opening Hours: 3:00pm-11:00pm General Opening Days: Daily
Dress Code: Resort Elegant. Resort elegant attire required: Dress shirts, dress t-shirts or dress polo shirts, slacks or dress jeans, cocktail dresses or skirts and similar apparel, closed toe shoes or dress sandals. No sneakers or flip flops.
Bayside Bar & Restaurant(*), enjoy open-air sea side dining with a magnificent view of the Pitons, available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy an a la carte continental or full breakfast.
General Opening Days: Daily Breakfast Hours: 7:00am-10:30am Lunch Hours: 12:30pm-3:00pm Dinner Hours: 6:30pm-10:00pm (Last seating is 10:00pm)
Dress code for lunch and breakfast is casual however, bathing suits should be covered up. Dress code for dinner is smart casual.
(*) Denotes reservation is required.
The Great Room(*), for discerning diners there is the elegant Great Room, with its old world colonial charm serving Caribbean influenced fare in candlelit, air-conditioned surroundings. Beautifully presented personalized tasting menus are also available nightly reflecting the cultural influences of Sugar Beach's expert culinary team and utilizing the freshest local ingredients. Enjoy dishes such as seared scallops on a puree of Jerusalem artichoke, Kobe beef with a rich red wine jus, or perfectly cooked Mahi-Mahi with green fig mash & tropical salsa. A well-devised wine list ensures the ideal accompaniment for every course.
Dinner Hours: Open from 6:30pm with the last seating at 10:00pm Dinner Days of Opening: Daily
Dress Code: Casual Elegant. Dress Code is elegantly casual. Shorts, jeans, caps and t-shirts are not allowed.
(*) Denotes reservation is required.
ALL INCLUSIVE PLAN 2018
Booking Dates: 01/01/2018 - 12/18/2018 Travel Dates: 01/03/2018 - 12/18/2018
• Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
• Non-premium alcoholic drinks by the glass in the restaurants
• Bottled mineral water
• Basic items in room mini bar and all room service menu's (a tray charge applies per delivery while ordering off the room service menu)
• Certain items on the menu may be subject to a supplemental charge, these items will be designated with an asterisk (*).
• All special reserve alcohol and specialty brands will be subject to a supplement charge.
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Breakfast Plan - BP Breakfast Plan includes basic items in room mini bar and breakfast room service menu (a tray charge applies per delivery). Certain items on the menu may be subject to a supplemental charge, these items will be designated with an asterisk (*).
• Booking Dates: 01/01/2018 - 12/18/2018
• Travel Dates: 01/03/2018 - 12/18/2018
Lunch And Dinner Plan - LUNCH & DINNER This plan includes basic items in room mini-bar, lunch and dinner in restaurant or room service (a tray charge applies per delivery while ordering off the room service menu). Certain items on the menu may be subject to a supplemental charge, these items will be designated with an asterisk (*).
• Booking Dates: 04/07/2015 - 12/18/2018
• Travel Dates: 01/03/2018 - 12/18/2018
Modified American Plan - HB / MAP This plan includes basic items in room mini-bar and breakfast and dinner in restaurant or room service (a tray charge applies per delivery while ordering off the room service menu). Certain items on the menu may be subject to a supplemental charge, these items will be designated with an asterisk (*).
• Booking Dates: 01/01/2018 - 12/18/2018
• Travel Dates: 01/03/2018 - 12/18/2018
Please Note for the 2018 Meal Plans:
• Effective dates: 01/03/18-12/18/18
• The Modified American Plan and Lunch & Dinner Plan do not include drinks.
• Any offerings included by a meal plan that is not consumed, will not be credited back.
2018 Child Policies for Meal Plans:
• Effective dates 01/03/18-12/18/18
• Children 0-5 years old eat for free (from the children's menu only).
• Children 6-12 years pay a child rate on optional meal plans (and eat from the children's menu or the a-la-carte menus).
• Teens 13-17 years old pay a teen rate on optional meal plans.
2018 Bonus Features:
• Travel Dates: 01/01/2018 - 12/18/2018
• All accommodations include a daily allocation of complimentary mini bar beverages (sodas, local beer and local water)
• Use of beach and on-property facilities
• Daily housekeeping
• Additional mini-bar beverages and snacks are available at the prevailing menu prices.
• After sunset The Plantation Room asks gentleman to wear shirts with collars or buttoned shirts, and full length trousers (jackets are optional). Ladies are asked to wear cocktail dresses or skirts, no shorts please.
General Destination Information:
• Important! Please advise all clients traveling to St. Lucia:
• That the wearing of camouflage or military apparel is illegal, and enforceable by law.
General Resort Information:
• Formerly known as Jalousie Plantation.
• The Spice Club (the teens and tweens club) is no longer being offered at the resort (effective October 2015).
Getting Married at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort:
• The Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is one of the most romantic locations in the world. A wedding overlooking the ocean with a stunning view of the twin peaks and lush vegetation sounds like a dream, but this is exactly what is created for couples time and time again.
• The resort strictly limits the number of weddings performed to no more than two per day, to protect that special sense of individuality. Couples are asked to submit their preferred date at the time of booking.
• It is also a good idea to give some alternative dates as well as some indication of the time of day that you would like to get married.