Distance from hotel to town, 15 miles (24 kms). Distance from hotel to Tampa International Airport (TPA), 25 miles (40 kms).
Discover TradeWinds Island Resorts-two beach resorts, only 200 flip flops apart, on the soft white sands of St. Pete Beach on Florida's Gulf of Mexico. Here, fun comes in sun-kissed doses at this 25-acre beachfront destination, where guests can stay at one hotel, play at two resorts and "Just Let Go!"
At TradeWinds, you get the best of everything Florida has to offer-a thrilling island adventure at TradeWinds Island Grand and an inspiring aquatic experience at Guy Harvey Outpost. Consider your destination doubled, and now with the value-packed resort amenity fee, we're adding MORE to the experience-inclusions you wouldn't expect at any other r esort. Beach cabana? Check. Free WiFi? That's a given. Rides on the three-story water slide? Let's just say thats one of many pleasant surprises at TradeWinds Island Resorts.
Both St. Pete Beach hotels offer an array of rooms and suites. Choose a room with a Gulf View, check into one of the pet-friendly accommodations or feel at home in the multi-room suites. Adding to the choices, TradeWinds Island Resorts also features 14 dining options for the most discriminating of palates.
Get ready for a beach experience like no other.
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Cabanas (beach)
- Car Rental ($)
- Children's Program
- Fitness Center
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Multilingual Staff
- Parking ($)
- Pool (children's)
- Pools (freshwater) (4)
- Shops ($)
• High Tide Slide Miscellaneous Amenities Quarter Mile of Interior Waterways with Paddleboats ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
Active, Leisure, Family Friendly and Beach.
• Check-in-time: 4:00 pm Check-out-time: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break is 17 years old.
2017-2018 Effective dates: 05/01/17-04/30/18
Please review the 2018-2019 maximum occupancy listed below the occupancy has not changed from 2017-2018.
2018-2019 Effective dates: 05/01/18-04/30/19
Standard Room - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Tropical View Room - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Tropical Pool View Suite - 6 adults or 2 adults and 4 children.
• Gulf Front Suite - 6 adults or 2 adults and 4 children.
2019-2020 Standard Room - 4 guests.
• Tropical View Room - 4 guests.
• Tropical Pool View Suite - 6 guests.
• Gulf Front Suite - 6 guests.
Standard, (STD) The Standard Hotel Room has an entrance and window off the walkway overlooking the Garden Courtyard. Comes with two double beds and is complete with all your basic needs. 300 square feet.
• Bedding: 2 double beds.
Tropical View Room, (TVR) Overlook lush, tropical landscape and the calming meandering waterway from your balcony in the Tropical View Hotel Room with shades of sage green & toasted gold, this room is furnished with two queen beds. 300 square feet.
• Bedding: 2 double beds.
Tropical Pool View Suite(*), (CAL) Only steps away from the beachfront pool and Flying Bridge restaurant, the Poolside Suites are a popular choice. These suites offer two double beds plus a double-size sofa bed in the separate living area. Enjoy brilliant sunsets from your balcony on the second floor. 426 sqaure feet.
• Bedding: 2 double beds and 1 double sofa bed.
Gulf Front Suite(*), (GFS) Enjoy breathtaking views of radiant sunsets and unforgettable Gulf of Mexico beaches from your floor to ceiling sliding glass door. Gulf Front Suite offers a separate bedroom with two double beds plus a double-size sofa bed in the separate living area. These spectacular views guarantee a serene sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. 480 sqaure feet.
• Bedding: 2 double beds and 1 double sofa bed.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: mini-bar, mini refrigerator, movies (in accommodation), safe (in accommodation), telephone, air conditioning, television (flat screen), alarm clock radio, voicemail, coffee maker, crib: ($), dining table, dishes, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, microwave and mirror (make-up, lighted).
• Cribs are available at an additional cost to guests.
Miscellaneous Amenities Suites also include a kitchenette with full-size fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster and dishwasher.
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Awakenings Lobby Bar, located at the Island Grand, serving drinks and coffee. Enjoy a Starbucks® coffee or your favorite drink in the lobby bar located in the beautiful atrium of the Grand Palm Colonnade!
Beef 'o' Brady's, located at the Island Grand, serving: lunch, dinner and drinks. Enjoy a delectable array of appetizers, salads, burgers, wraps and sandwiches at Beef O Bradys while you watch the game.
• Along with your favorite frosty island concoctions, this beachfront watering hole serves lunch and light dinner menus.
Flying Bridge Bar, located at the Island Grand, serving: lunch, dinner and drinks. Reservations: Not necessary! Drop on in for beach-side fare! The breezy and casual Flying Bridge, just steps from the beach and pool, is the place for a sunset rendezvous with an exotic tropical drink and heartier grilled entrees on the beachfront deck.
Perks Up! Coffee & Cocktails, located at the Guy Harvey Outpost, serving drinks and coffee. Get your Starbucks® coffee fix or sip on mimosas, a glass of wine or Bloody Mary as you wait for friends in the welcoming Guy Harvey Outpost lobby.
Rumfish Grill Bar, located at the Guy Harvey Outpost, serving:
• bar menu and drinks. RumFish Grill features its own St. Pete bar scene.
• Separate from the restaurant with its 33,500 sq ft aquarium, bar patrons can sip on beer, wine and the bars popular Rum Flights while sampling light plates. The bar also features its own tank, the infamous Predator Tank.
Rumfish Grill Outdoor Bar And Patio, Grab a bite to eat and listen to live music on the outdoor patio at RumFish Grill. Enjoy specialty cocktails and the popular Rum Flights.
Salty's Tiki Bar, located at the Island Grand, serving: lunch, dinner and drinks. At Salty's Tiki Bar, you won't have to miss a minute of sunshine to enjoy light fare, frozen drinks, cold beer or a glass of wine.
Sharktooth Tavern, located at the Island Grand, serving drinks.
• Spend your evenings at TradeWinds in this pirate-themed tavern where you'll find the best selection of imported bottled beer at this full-service bar. Sharktooth Tavern features live entertainment, plus karaoke on select nights!
The Sandbar, located at the Guy Harvey Outpost, serving: lunch, dinner, and drinks. Meet up with friends or family over a frosty cold drink while you sink your toes deep into the sand. The SandBar at The SandBox Beach Lounge is the perfect place to toast the day without having to leave the beach. Enjoy nightly live entertainment, weather permitting.
The Deli, located at the Island Grand, serving: deli food. Visit the Deli for freshly made sandwiches, salads, snacks and other grab-and-go foods. Perfect for stocking the in-room refrigerator or for picnic fare, the Deli also offers cookies and a selection of drinks and wines. Location: In the Grand Palm Colonnade, past the lobby of Island Grand.
Guy's Gulfside Grill, located at Guy Harvey Outpost, for restaurants on St. Pete Beach, look no further than Guy's Gulfside Grill. A casual dining environment complete with beachside outdoor seating, the grill dishes up charming breakfasts, poolside lunches, afternoon drinks and sunset dinner.
Palm Court Italian Grill, Out of 106 restaurants, Palm Court is the No.1 St. Pete restaurant on TripAdvisor, The Italian favorite offers an intimate dining experience with culinary creations from the Mediterranean.
Rumfish Grill, draws food fanatics and fish lovers alike to this new St. Pete Beach dining experience. Offering the finest Florida seafood plus a 33,500-gallon aquarium featured on Animal Planet's Tanked, RumFish Grill serves lunch, dinner and late-night fare.
Beef O Bradys, located at the Island Grand, is the best place on St. Pete Beach to watch the big game and feast on world-famous wings.
• This family sports pub, known for its hearty platters, has a full bar and serves lunch, dinner and late night bites at TradeWinds Island Resorts.
Bermudas Steak & Seafood, located at the Island Grand, casual and bright, Bermudas Steak & Seafood presents aged cuts of Angus beef, the freshest gulf seafood and a variety of regional specialties for breakfast and dinner.
Flying Bridge, located at the Island Grand, styled after an authentic open-air Florida cracker cottage, Flying Bridge is permanently docked over the Island Grand waterway with an outdoor deck on the sand and an exceptional beach view. The restaurant serves tropical drinks, along with lunch, dinner and more!
Dress Code: Beach Attire, Casual.
Ice Cream Shoppe, located at the Island Grand. Stop by the Ice Cream Shoppe for an irresistible homemade sugar cone filled with Working Cow Homemade Ice Cream®. Location: Breckenridge building at Island Grand, just off the adult pool.
Pizza Hut Express, located at the Island Grand, Enjoy your favorite pizza hot from the oven! The Pizza Hut Express serves medium and personal pan pizzas, wings, and much more. Room delivery is also available at Island Grand. Location: Breckenridge building at Island Grand, just off the adult pool.
• Minimum age required to check-in is 21 years old
• A credit card is required for incidentals at check-in
• At least one occupant must be 21 years or older to occupy a room or suite
• Konk Club (kids only, no kidding!) Supervised children's programs offering a variety of activities for children ages 3 to 11 years
Resort Fee and Inclusions The resort charges a resort fee payable by guest at hotel at check out.
Resort Fee inclusions:
• Unlimited rides on the High Tide Slide
• Self parking fees one parking pass, per room
• Guestroom Wi-Fi
• Use of business center
• Faxes, local phone calls and phone access charges
• Use of fitness center and fitness classes
• One cushioned beach cabana for two with hood
• Paddleboats along the waterway
• Tennis court times
• Day play for beach volleyball and mini golf
• Beach games like paddle ball, bocce ball and corn hole
• In room safe
• Daily newspaper
• Pool towels
• Two (2) bottles of water daily
Resort Fee inclusions are subject to change without notice.
Watersports and Activities JetLev Flight Center:
• Now available at TradeWinds Island Resorts one of the coolest, most exhilarating water sports ride of your life, the new JetLev! You can literally fly over the Gulf, soar up to 30 feet in the air, or hover and walk along the water
WaveJet Surf School:
• Who says you can't surf on Florida's west coast! Experience the latest trend in surfing,the WaveJet. TradeWinds has added these electric surfboards to its list of thrilling watersport activities.
Splash Island Water Park:
• Jump and climb on inflatable slides, floating trampolines and large floating cabanas. Splash Island Water Park is located in the Gulf, just off the shore behind TradeWinds Island Grand. The park will have certified lifeguards on duty and all guests will be required to wear life jackets.
• One hour sessions available for purchase at the TradeWinds Adventure Center. First session begins at 10:00am, last session at 4:00pm. Open daily, Weather permitting.
Shelling and Dolphin Watch Cruise:
• See dolphins and nature up close on the popular Shelling and Dolphin Watch Cruise (dolphin watch certified).
• Experience the thrill of seeing dolphins in the wild as you cruise to Shell Key Preserve for some shelling.
• Cruise the award-winning coastline on one of the stand-up paddleboards. Easy for beginners who want to leisurely paddle the Gulf or for a great core workout. Weather and water conditions permitting.
• Bask in the sun and relax on a giant raft floating gently in the Gulf. Floating cabanas can hold up to four friends and comes complete with a cooler.
• If you're ready to soar above the sea on a parasail, visit their tiki hut located by the water on the white sand beach at Island Grand.
• Glide along the coastline and enjoy a breath taking view the beach, visit their tiki hut located by the water on the beach at Island Grand. Single seat kayak and double seat kayaks.
• Glide over the Gulf of Mexico on a waverunner. Let your hair fly and take in the fresh ocean breeze. Visit their tiki hut located by the water on the white sand beach at Island Grand. Must be 24 years old to rent waverunners.
Banana Boat Rides:
• Ready for a bouncy ride over the crystal blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico?? Ride the ocean waves and cruise along the coastline. Banana Boat rides are fun for the whole family.
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• MGM Studios: 90 minutes by car
• Busch Gardens in Tampa: 45 minutes by car
• Sea World: 90 minutes by car
• Walt Disney World and Epcot: 90 minutes by car
• Universal Studios: 90 minutes by car