• Cruise the Perfume River
• Visit Cai Rang floating market
• Relish Dalat's cool climate
• Relax on Nha Trang's beach
• Wake to a Halong Bay sunrise
• Stroll through old Hanoi
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
VIETNAM PANORAMA ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2017 18 Days/17 Nights
Travel Dates: 01/15/2017 - 02/01/2017 02/12/2017 - 03/01/2017 02/26/2017 - 03/15/2017 03/05/2017 - 03/22/2017 03/12/2017 - 03/29/2017 03/19/2017 - 04/05/2017 03/26/2017 - 04/12/2017 04/02/2017 - 04/19/2017 04/30/2017 - 05/17/2017 05/14/2017 - 05/31/2017 06/04/2017 - 06/21/2017 08/13/2017 - 08/30/2017 09/03/2017 - 09/20/2017 09/24/2017 - 10/11/2017 10/15/2017 - 11/01/2017 11/12/2017 - 11/29/2017 11/26/2017 - 12/13/2017
• Days 1-2: Fly to Saigon Fly overnight to Saigon, Vietnam's most evocative and largest city. Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
• Day 3: Cu Chi Tunnels Contemplate the horrors of guerrilla warfare at the astonishing Cu Chi Tunnels before returning to Saigon. Seamlessly blending past and present, Saigon is the city that is driving Vietnam towards a brighter future. Visit Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office, both legacies of a colonial past. Spend time at the Reunification Palace and the chilling War Remnants Museum.
• Day 4: Mekong Delta Cruise Pop down to Ben Tre to take a cruise through the Mekong Delta. This area is known as the 'Rice Basket of Vietnam' - paddle through the maze of palm-lined canals and enjoy a typically Mekong lunch. Travel to Can Tho for an overnight stay.
• Day 5: Floating Market Visit the Cai Rang floating market to see the goods on sale and learn how vermicelli rice noodles are made. Return to Saigon.
• Day 6: Saigon This morning explore the amazing network of the Cu Chi, which once housed entire underground villages during the American War in Vietnam. Later you will travel to Tay Ninh to experience the midday service at the colorful head temple of the unique Cao Dai religion.
• Day 7: Explore Dalat Visit the Domaine de Marie Church, the Flower Gardens and an embroidery workshop before boarding an open-air train to journey out through the fantastic scenery to Trai Mat village. End the day with a local coffee by Xuan Huong lake.
• Day 8: Coastal Nha Trang We wend our way down from the highlands and along the coast to Nha Trang, Vietnam's beach capital. Take to the turquoise waters for a cruise around the bay's many islands with a stop off at one to enjoy a swim in the balmy waters.
• Day 9: Qui Nhon Wander Dam market before visiting the Po Nagar Cham Towers and continue on to the city of Qui Nhon.
• Day 10: Son My and Hoi An The Son My area saw one of the most horrific crimes of the Vietnam War - the My Lai massacre. Visit the memorial placed in honour of the victims. Continue to Hoi An.
• Day 11: Explore Hoi An on Foot Take a morning walking tour of charming Hoi An - a wonderfully laidback and wilfully traditional town that has managed to retain the charms of a bygone era. Visit a lovely old-style house, the Japanese Bridge, a Chinese temple and the market. This afternoon is free.
• Day 12: Imperial Hue Take the scenic route to Hue over the Hai Van Pass. The epitome of Vietnam's dynastic past, Hue is a dignified and scholarly city. Visit the Royal Tomb of Minh Mang.
• Day 13: Hue's Imperial Citadel Take a drive to the imposing Imperial Citadel to explore.
• Cruise along the Perfume River to Thien Mu Pagoda before heading for An Hien House.
• Day 14: Old Quarter Cyclo Tour Exuding a wonderfully exotic aura, Hanoi is the perfect combination of old Asia and new. Admire the collections of the Fine Arts Museum and take a cyclo through the atmospheric tangle of streets that make up the Old Quarter. Enjoy an evening performance of the traditional water puppets.
• Day 15: Discover Hanoi Explore the Ho Chi Minh Quarter, visiting the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (closed at certain times of year), the Stilt House, One Pillar Pagoda and the Temple of Literature.
• Days 16-17: Halong Bay Spend the day aboard your comfortable cruise ship sailing through the awe-inspiring beauty of Halong Bay. You'll even explore one of the bay's many caves. A fresh seafood meal is included during your voyage. Spend a night onboard before returning to Hanoi the next day.
• Day 18: Fly Hanoi to US Fly to the US, arriving home the same or following day.
Package Minimum Stay: 17 Nights
• Included in package:
• Select meals (16 breakfasts, 15 lunches & 16 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars. The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $90.00 per person.