• Sightsee in Saigon
• Drift on the Mekong Delta
• Be charmed by Hoi An
• Explore Hue's Imperial Citadel
• Wake to a Halong Bay sunrise
• Stroll through old Hanoi
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
VIETNAM AT A GLANCE ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2016-2017 12 Days/11 Nights
Travel Dates: 11/08/2016 - 11/19/2016 01/06/2017 - 01/17/2017 02/03/2017 - 02/14/2017 02/17/2017 - 02/28/2017 03/07/2017 - 03/18/2017 03/17/2017 - 03/28/2017 03/21/2017 - 04/01/2017 04/04/2017 - 04/15/2017 04/11/2017 - 04/22/2017 04/18/2017 - 04/29/2017 05/02/2017 - 05/13/2017 05/16/2017 - 05/27/2017 06/06/2017 - 06/17/2017 07/11/2017 - 07/22/2017 08/08/2017 - 08/19/2017 09/12/2017 - 09/23/2017 09/19/2017 - 09/30/2017 09/26/2017 - 10/07/2017 10/10/2017 - 10/21/2017 11/07/2017 - 11/18/2017
• Days 1-2: Depart the US fly to Saigon Fly overnight to Saigon, Vietnam's most evocative and largest city. Upon arrival in Saigon, you are met and transferred to your hotel. Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
• Day 3: Discover Saigon This morning, contemplate the horrors of guerrilla warfare at the Cu Chi Tunnels before returning to Saigon. The exuberant city of Saigon is driving Vietnam forward into the modern world, but it is also a treasure trove of fascinating heritage. Visit the colonial Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office, the Reunification Palace, and the chilling War Remnants Museum.
• Day 4: Mekong Delta Journey to Ben Tre to take a cruise on the Mekong. Paddle through the maze of palm-lined canals and get a glimpse of daily life on the Mekong Delta. Enjoy a lunch of typical Mekong dishes. Make a stop at Vinh Trang Pagoda en route back to Saigon.
• Day 5: Journey to Hoi An Fly to Danang and transfer to Hoi An. This afternoon take a walking tour of this charming town - a wonderfully laidback and wilfully traditional place, whose streets are a delight to wander. Visit an old merchant's house, Quan Cong Temple, the elaborate Japanese Bridge and the bustling market.
• Day 6: Tra Que village Head out into the countryside to Tra Que, a small farming community that supplies many hotels and restaurants in the area with vegetables and herbs. Here you can enjoy the lush green countryside and stroll through the gardens to see the farmers at work. Later spend the afternoon at leisure back in Hoi An.
• Day 7: Imperial Hue Leave Hoi An for Hue, taking a scenic route over the Hai Van Pass. The epitome of Vietnam's dynastic past, Hue is a dignified and scholarly city. Visit the imposing Imperial Citadel and Forbidden Purple City. The magnificent centre- piece of the Royal Empire, the citadel was extensively damaged during the Vietnam War. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Royal Tomb of Minh Mang, a complex of 40 monuments set in surroundings of gardens and pools. Continue to the old Thien Mu Pagoda before taking a cruise on the Perfume River.
• Day 8: Fly to Hanoi Fly to Hanoi. Take the afternoon at leisure or start your explorations of Vietnam's capital.
• Day 9: Hanoi Sightseeing today includes a wander through the Ho Chi Minh Quarter, where you'll visit Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum (closed at certain times of year) and the Stilt House set in the gardens of the Presidential Palace. Also visit One Pillar Pagoda and the Confucian Temple of Literature. End the day's explorations with a cyclo tour through the Old Quarter and enjoy a traditional water puppet show.
• Day 10: Halong Bay Stay overnight on a traditionally designed boat on Halong Bay, cruising amongst the karst peaks on the tranquil green waters. A UNESCO World Heritage Site and a vision of awe- inspiring beauty, it isn't hard to see why it is one of Vietnam's most popular destinations. A fresh seafood meal is included during your voyage.
• Day 11: Sunrise over Halong Bay Rise early this morning for sunrise over the bay. Return to Hanoi this afternoon.
• Day 12: Depart Hanoi fly to US Fly to the US, arriving home the same or following day.
Package Minimum Stay: 11 Nights
• Cultural Experiences
• Experience a unique midday service of the Cao Dai religion, officially established in southern Vietnam.
• Step into the local life with a visit to an old merchant's home in Hoi An.
• Vietnamese folklore storytelling by the famous Water Puppets.
Included in package:
• Select meals (10 breakfasts, 9 lunches & 10 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars. The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $70.00 per person.