• Enjoy a deluxe Mekong cruise
• Spend free time in Hoi An
• Marvel at the A O Show
• Meet a water puppeteer
• Dine with Buddhist Nuns
• Do Tai Chi on Halong Bay
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
JEWELS OF VIETNAM ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2017 13 Days/12 Nights
Travel Dates: 03/05/2017 - 03/17/2017 11/15/2017 - 11/17/2017
• Days 1-2: Fly to Saigon Fly overnight to Saigon. On arrival you will be accompanied by one of our experienced escorts to the hotel.
• Day 3: Discover Saigon Saigon has evolved from war torn city to thriving metropolis, the powerhouse driving Vietnam towards its ever brighter future. This morning see the Central Post Office, a neo- classical edifice designed by Gustave Eiffel; the Reunification Palace, the site of the end of the Vietnam War; and the harrowing War Remnants Museum. Take a cyclo ride through the bustling streets of China town before taking a walking tour of a traditional herbal medicine street, learning about herbs, spices and healing concoctions as you go. Later, ascend to the sky deck of the Bitexco Tower for a cocktail and sunset views. Finally drift gently down the Saigon River on the Lady Hau, dining on delicious cuisine as you soak up the night time views. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 4: Mekong Delta Cruise Set sail through the palm-lined canals of the Mekong Delta in a traditional sampan, passing sleepy towns and stopping to explore markets bursting with fresh produce and innovative home industries. Visit a 19thcentury house, visit a home that produces coconut candy and puffed rice before enjoying a lunch served in a colonial-style villa set in a lush garden by the river. Return to Saigon for the cultural extravaganza that is the 'A O Show', staged at the magnificent Saigon Opera House. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 5: Cu Chi Tunnels Travel to the Cu Chi Tunnels, part of an elaborate network of excavations used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War.
• For those feeling brave, you can attempt a section of the tunnels for yourself. Pay a visit to a cricket farm and return to Saigon. Fly to Hoi An. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 6: Explore Hoi An Once an influential port on the Silk Road, Hoi An is a rich fusion of Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese and European styles, its narrow streets retaining a quirky, old world charm. This morning, tour the market to choose fresh ingredients from a colourful array of local produce for your Vietnamese cookery class, where you'll learn to create a number of local dishes.
• This afternoon wander the old streets, visiting Chua Ong Pagoda, the 200-year old Tan Ky House and the elaborate Japanese Bridge before taking tea at the 'Reaching Out' Tea House, a peaceful place, run by hearing and speech impaired locals, to savour the flavours of local produce. The rest of the day is at leisure. (Breakfast and lunch included.)
• Day 7: Hoi An Once an influential port on the Silk Road, Hoi An is a rich fusion of Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese and European styles, its narrow streets retaining a quirky, old world charm. This morning, tour the market to choose fresh ingredients from a colorful array of local produce for your Vietnamese cookery class, where you'll learn to create a number of local dishes.
• This afternoon wander the old streets, visiting the Quan Cong Chinese Temple and the elaborate Japanese Bridge before taking tea at a traditional tea house. The rest of the day is at leisure. (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 8: Discover Imperial Hue Long considered a seat of culture and learning, Hue is dominated by its immense Imperial Citadel, home to emperors from 1802 to 1945. Enter through its grandiose entrance and you'll be able to explore before heading out, along the river, into Hue's lush surroundings to see Minh Mang's tomb.
• Lunch will be vegetarian dishes prepared by the nuns of Dong Thuyen Pagoda, before you try your hand at making paper flowers, in a village that is known for the art. Visit the regal surroundings of Tha Om Garden House - the owner, Mr Vinh, is descended from royalty. (Breakfast and lunch Included)
• Day 9: Fly to Hanoi Travel to the airport to fly to Hanoi. Visit the Thanh Chuong Viet Palace, where you'll gain a great insight into Vietnam's history and character. (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 10: Explore Hanoi Hanoi, Vietnam's capital, evokes the days when Asia was at its most chic, a heady mix of the exotic and European elegance. Explore the Ho Chi Minh Quarter and learn about the life of 'Uncle Ho'. Visit the revered Temple of Literature and meet a water puppeteer who will introduce you to this traditional 11thcentury art and put on a private water puppet show. You will also be able to get involved in creating the puppets. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 11: Halong Bay Halong Bays thousands of limestone islands project from the tranquil depths of emerald waters creating a vision of beauty to which very little compares. Board your comfortable cruise ship and enjoy a seafood lunch before setting sail into the bay. Drift amongst the karst pinnacles, stopping to explore mysterious caves as you go. Spend the night anchored amongst glorious scenery. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 12: Sunrise over Halong Bay Rise early to see the sun rise over the karst-scapes of the bay and savour the serenity of the early morning. Continue cruising through the bay, heading back to the wharf where there's time for a hearty late breakfast before disembarking.
• Sit down to a sumptuous farewell dinner this evening.
• (Breakfast and Dinner Included)
• Day 13: Fly Hanoi to US Fly back home, arriving the same or following day. (Breakfast Included)
Package Minimum Stay: 12 Nights
• Included in package:
• Select meals (11 breakfasts, 9 lunches & 7 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars. The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $90.00 per person.