• See local life on the Mekong
• Wake to a Halong Bay sunrise
• Explore Hanoi by cyclo
• Admire Luang Prabang's wats
• Visit a floating village
• Be captivated by Angkor
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
INDOCHINA DELIGHTS ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2017 16 Days/15 Nights
Travel Dates: 01/14/2017 - 01/29/2017 02/11/2017 - 02/26/2017 03/04/2017 - 03/19/2017 03/11/2017 - 03/26/2017 04/08/2017 - 04/23/2017 04/28/2017 - 05/13/2017 09/08/2017 - 09/23/2017 10/06/2017 - 10/21/2017 10/20/2017 - 11/04/2017
• Days 1-2: Fly to Saigon Fly overnight to Saigon. On arrival you will be met by your expert tour guide and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure.
• Day 3: Discover Saigon Sightseeing today includes a visit to Notre Dame Cathedral, the Central Post Office, Reunification Palace and the War Remnants Museum. Later, visit Cholon and the Thien Hau Pagoda.
• Day 4: Mekong Delta Journey to Ben Tre to take a cruise on the Mekong. This area is called the 'Rice Basket of Vietnam', the rich and fertile lands producing a plethora of rice, coconuts, vegetables and tropical fruits. Paddle through the maze of palm-lined canals and get a glimpse of daily life on the Mekong Delta.
• Day 5: Cu Chi Tunnels Explore the amazing network of Cu Chi Tunnels, where you'll see the legendary tunnel network used by the Viet Cong to infiltrate South Vietnam during the war. Later, fly to Danang and transfer to the UNESCO-listed city of Hoi An.
• Day 6: Hoi An Walking Tour Take a morning walking tour of charming Hoi An, a wonderfully laidback, graceful and wilfully traditional town. Visit one of the oldest homes, still occupied by descendants of merchants that built it over 200 years ago. Also visit the elaborate Japanese Bridge, Hoi An Market and a local Chinese Temple. The afternoon is at leisure to relax at the beach or in a riverside cafe.
• Day 7: Explore Hanoi Fly to Hanoi, a charming and richly historic city of lakes, parks and shaded boulevards and Vietnam's capital. Sight- seeing includes a visit to the Temple of Literature and Ngoc Son Temple - you'll also take a cyclo tour of the Old Quarter, an area of market alleys still laid out as they were 300 years ago.
• Days 8-9: Halong Bay Cruise Spend the day aboard your comfortable cruise ship sailing amongst the spectacular seascapes, fringed by jagged karst formations jutting from emerald waters. Halong Bay, with its 1,600 islands and islets, was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994 and is a vision of awe-inspiring beauty.
• It isn't hard to see why it is one of Vietnam's most popular destinations. Enjoy fresh meals on board and spend the night anchored on the tranquil waters. Return to Hanoi. In the evening, watch a performance of the famous water puppets.
• Day 10: Discover Hanoi Spend the morning exploring Hanois Ho Chi Minh complex, and enjoy a free afternoon with time to do some shopping. Fly to the enchanting city of Luang Prabang.
• Day 11: Discover Luang Prabang Luang Prabang is the quintessential image of Laos - a place of vivid colours, an extremely rich heritage and enduring French legacy. Today, rise early to watch a Takbat alms giving ceremony. Ascend Phousi Hill for city vistas, visit Wat Xieng Thong, then cruise along the Mekong River to see the Pak Ou Caves. Return to Luang Prabang and visit Thin Hong and Ban Xang Khong Village en route.
• Day 12: Local Villages and Waterfalls Visit the National Museum before continuing to the cascading turquoise waters of the enchanting Kuang Si Waterfalls. Return to Luang Prabang via Ban Na Ouane village and Ock Pop Tok Weaving Centre. This evening witness a local Baci Ceremony.
• Day 13: Siem Reap Fly to Siem Reap and visit Banteay Srei Temple. Climb to the summit of Pre Rup Temple at sunset for a spectacular view of the surrounding landscape.
• Day 14: Explore Angkor Wat The Angkor Archaeological Park encompasses over a thousand temples, all the remains of different capitals of the Khmer Empire between the 9th and 15th centuries. Rising early, the tour begins at Ta Prohm. Next visit the walled city of Angkor Thom where you'll pass through the magnificent South Gate. At Angkor Thom's centre is the enigmatic Bayon, a breathtaking temple of innumerable sculptural decorations. Also admire the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. The rest of the day is dedicated to the indescribable Angkor Wat, the most magnificent and best preserved of all of Angkor's treasures. It is easy to while away an afternoon in its shady precincts, examining its wealth of fascinating and intricate embellishments.
• Day 15: Tonle Sap Lake High Water Season (August to February) Enjoy a morning cruise on Tonle Sap Lake, visiting the floating village of Kampong Kleng and observing the way of life of these lake communities. Back on dry land visit Beng Mealea, a mysterious temple overrun by the jungle. Return to Siem Reap via Artisan D'Angkor, an organisation working to revive traditional Khmer arts and crafts. This evening sit down to dinner and the Apsara dance show.
• Low Water Season (March to July) Head to Beng Mealea to explore this mysterious temple overrun by the jungle. Drop by Artisan D'Angkor before visiting the floating village of Chong Kneas. This evening sit down to inner and the Apsara dance show.
• Day 16: Depart Siem Reap Fly to the US, arriving home later the same day or the following morning depending on flight schedules.
Package Minimum Stay: 15 Nights
• Included in package:
• Select meals (14 breakfasts, 12 lunches & 14 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars.
• The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $100.00 per person.