• Be captivated by Angkor
• Discover Phnom Penh
• Sightsee in Saigon
• Be charmed by Hoi An
• Wake to a Halong Bay sunrise
• Stroll through old Hanoi
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
ANGKOR TO THE BAY ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2016-2017 16 Days/15 Nights
Travel Dates: 02/10/2017 - 02/25/2017 02/24/2017 - 03/11/2017 03/03/2017 - 03/18/2017 03/10/2017 - 03/25/2017 03/17/2017 - 04/01/2017 03/24/2017 - 04/08/2017 03/31/2017 - 04/15/2017 04/07/2017 - 04/22/2017 04/14/2017 - 04/29/2017 04/28/2017 - 05/13/2017 05/05/2017 - 05/20/2017 05/12/2017 - 05/27/2017 06/09/2017 - 06/24/2017 08/04/2017 - 08/19/2017 08/18/2017 - 09/02/2017 09/01/2017 - 09/16/2017 09/15/2017 - 09/30/2017 09/22/2017 - 10/07/2017 10/06/2017 - 10/21/2017 10/13/2017 - 10/28/2017 10/27/2017 - 11/11/2017 11/03/2017 - 11/18/2017 11/10/2017 - 11/25/2017 11/17/2017 - 12/02/2017 11/24/2017 - 12/09/2017 12/01/2017 - 12/16/2017 12/08/2017 - 12/23/2017
• Days 1-2: Depart the US Fly to Siem Reap Fly overnight to Siem Reap. Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
• Day 3: Tonle Sap Lake High Water Season (August to February) Enjoy a morning cruise on Tonle Sap Lake, visiting the floating village of Kampong Kleng and observing the way of life of these lake communities. Back on dry land visit Beng Mealea, a mysterious temple overrun by the jungle. Return to Siem Reap via Artisan D'Angkor, an organisation working to revive traditional Khmer arts and crafts. This evening sit down to dinner and the Apsara dance show.
• Low Water Season (March to July) Head to Beng Mealea to explore this mysterious temple over- run by the jungle. Drop by Artisan D'Angkor before visiting the floating village of Chong Kneas. This evening sit down to dinner and the Apsara dance show.
• Day 4: Explore Angkor The seat of the Khmer Empire between the 9th and 15th centuries, the Angkor complex includes over 1,000 temples.
• Begin at Ta Prohm, an atmospheric temple left in the grips of the jungle continuing to the city of Angkor Thom to reach the enigmatic Bayon, the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. This afternoon is dedicated to the indescribable Angkor Wat.
• Day 5: Discover Phnom Penh Fly to Phnom Penh, a city of airy boulevards and colonial villas. Visit the magnificent Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda before admiring the artefacts at the National Museum.
• Day 6: Fly to Saigon Visit the harrowing Tuol Sleng Museum before climbing up to the hilltop Wat Phnom. Fly to Saigon.
• Day 7: Explore Saigon The exuberant city of Saigon is driving Vietnam forward into the modern world, but is also a treasure trove of fascinating heritage. Visit the colonial Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office, the Reunification Palace, and the chilling War Remnants Museum. Visit Cholon and see the beautiful Thien Hau Pagoda before finishing at the lively Ben Thanh Market.
• Day 8: Mekong Delta Cruise Pop down to Ben Tre to take a cruise on the mighty Mekong.
• This area is known as the 'Rice Basket of Vietnam', the rich and fertile lands producing huge amounts of rice, coconuts, vegetables and tropical fruits. Return to Saigon.
• Day 9: Cu Chi Tunnels Get to grips with the horrors of guerrilla warfare at the astonishing Cu Chi Tunnels, used by the Viet Cong during the war. Travel to Tay Ninh to attend the noon service at the Cao Dai Temple. Return to Saigon.
• Day 10: Discover Hoi An Fly to Danang and transfer to the UNESCO-listed town of Hoi An. Take a walking tour of this laidback and wilfully traditional town to see the elaborate Japanese Bridge, a Chinese temple and the bustling market.
• Day 11: Tra Que village Drive out into the countryside to the small farming community of Tra Que. Here you can enjoy the lush green countryside and see the farmers at work. Enjoy a free afternoon back in Hoi An.
• Day 12: Hue's Imperial Citadel Leave Hoi An for Hue, taking a scenic route over the Hai Van Pass. The epitome of Vietnam's dynastic past, Hue is a dignified and scholarly city. Take a drive up to the imposing Imperial Citadel and Forbidden Purple City to explore. Next, visit the UNESCO Royal Tomb of Minh Mang, continuing to the Thien Mu Pagoda before cruising on the Perfume River.
• Day 13: Fly to Hanoi Fly to Hanoi this morning. The rest of the day is free for you to relax or start your explorations of Vietnams capital.
• This evening enjoy a performance of the famous Water Puppets.
• Days 14-15: Halong Bay Spend two days aboard a comfortable cruise ship sailing amongst magnificent karst peaks on the tranquil green waters of Halong Bay. Spend the night on the boat before returning to Hanoi where you will take an exciting cyclo ride through Hanois Old Quarter.
• Day 16: Fly Hanoi to US Explore the Ho Chi Minh Quarter, the Stilt House, One Pillar Pagoda and the Temple of Literature, before transferring to the airport for your flight home to the US.
Package Minimum Stay: 15 Nights
• Included in package:
• Select meals (14 breakfasts, 13 lunches & 14 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars. The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $90.00 per person.