This fully escorted tour is a group tour guaranteed for departure. For a degree of independence and flexibility this tour is available in a private option as well.
• Admire Shanghai's bright lights
• Four nights on the Yangtze
• Watch Giant Pandas play
• Face the Terracotta Army
• Walk on the Great Wall
• Discovery ancient Ciqikou
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
MAJESTIC YANGTZE ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2016-2017 14 Days/13 Nights
Travel Dates: 10/11/2016 - 10/24/2017 10/24/2016 - 11/06/2016 10/31/2016 - 11/13/2016 11/07/2016 - 11/20/2016 03/09/2017 - 03/22/2017 03/20/2017 - 04/02/2017 03/27/2017 - 04/09/2017 04/03/2017 - 04/16/2017 04/05/2017 - 04/18/2017 04/10/2017 - 04/23/2017 04/17/2017 - 04/30/2017 04/24/2017 - 05/07/2017 04/26/2017 - 05/09/2017 05/03/2017 - 05/16/2017 05/08/2017 - 05/21/2017 05/10/2017 - 05/23/2017 05/15/2017 - 05/28/2017 05/22/2017 - 06/04/2017 05/29/2017 - 06/11/2017 06/05/2017 - 06/18/2017 06/19/2017 - 07/02/2017 07/17/2017 - 07/30/2017 08/07/2017 - 08/20/2017 08/14/2017 - 08/27/2017 08/21/2017 - 09/03/2017 08/28/2017 - 09/10/2017 09/04/2017 - 09/17/2017 09/06/2017 - 09/19/2017 09/11/2017 - 09/24/2017 09/13/2017 - 09/26/2017 09/18/2017 - 10/01/2017 09/25/2017 - 10/08/2017 10/04/2017 - 10/17/2017 10/09/2017 - 10/22/2017 10/16/2017 - 10/29/2017 10/23/2017 - 11/05/2016 10/30/2017 - 11/12/2016 11/06/2017 - 11/19/2017
• Day 1: Depart the US fly to Shanghai Depart on your overnight flight from the US to the exuberant city of Shanghai, called 'the Paris of the East'.
• Day 2: Arrive Shanghai Upon arrival in Shanghai, you are met and transferred to your hotel.
• Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
• Day 3: Explore Shanghai Shanghai is China's great metropolis, where east and west collide on streets lined with futuristic skyscrapers and 10th-century temples. Today's explorations include the classical Yu Garden, a stop in the old town, and the fine arts and antiquities of the Shanghai Museum. Admire the magnificent colonial architecture with a stroll along the Bund. This evening view the city from the Huangpu River on a panoramic cruise. The skyscrapers and glimmering lights are a sight to behold, Shanghai is unlike any other city in the world. Later on you will sample some traditional cuisine.
• Day 4: Shanghai to Yichang - Yangtze River Cruise Embarkation Visit the modern Pudong area with its 21st century buildings before you fly to Yichang and board your Yangtze River Cruise vessel.
• Days 5-7: Yangtze River Cruise A man-made marvel, the Three Gorges Dam showcases a massive feat of engineering. But as you cruise upstream nature takes over, revealing some of the world's most dramatic scenery including he Three Gorges themselves. Over the next three days prepare for one breathtaking panorama after another.
• Take a side trip to the attractive Goddess or Shennong Stream and enjoy shore excursions to the Ghost City of Fengdu or Shibaozhai.
• Day 8: Historical Ciqikou Disembarking the cruise vessel in Chongqing, explore old Ciqikou, a district known for its porcelain production during the Ming and Qing dynasties. Ciqikou's narrow streets are perfect for a morning stroll to admire the historical, traditional architecture. Transfer to Chengdu and enjoy a delicious Sichuan meal for dinner with the option of a performance of Sichuan Opera including the famous 'face- changing'.
• Day 9: Pandas A visit to Chengdu's famous Panda Conservation Centre allows you to see and learn about China's celebrated bears up close in surroundings that mirror their natural habitat. A look around the informative museum gives an overview of the reserve's breeding programme. Visit the Shu Brocade and Embroidery Museum, then fly to the former imperial capital of Xian. This evening a delicious feast of traditional Shui Jiao dumplings and a performance of Tang Dynasty dancing awaits.
• Day 10: Terracotta Warriors After their fortuitous discovery in the 1970s, the Terracotta Army of Chinas first Emperor, Qin Shi Huang, has intrigued visitors ever since. Spend the morning viewing the enigmatic ranks of life-sized warriors. Visit the workshop of the craftsmen who recreate Terracotta Warriors in the style of their ancient counterparts. Watch the skilled production process and buy a souvenir warrior to take home.
• Later stroll on the beautifully preserved 14th-century city walls that enclose Xian's old town, then join the optional tour of Xian city lit up at night.
• Day 11: Muslim Quarter A fascinating morning includes a visit to the lovely Little Wild Goose Pagoda. Take time to walk through the atmospheric alleys of the Muslim Quarter which are lined with Islamic food stalls. Later, fly to Beijing, China's capital city.
• Day 12: Imperial Beijing Heading to Beijing's symbolic heart, stroll across Tiananmen Square and into the sprawling magnificence of the Forbidden City. Entering through the Gate of Supreme Harmony, you will find a complex full of imperial riches. Soak up the harmonious ambience of the Temple of Heaven, an orderly oasis in a bustling urban landscape, where you can watch, or participate in a dance class. Later, enjoy a Chinese acrobatic show.
• Day 13: The Great Wall This morning is dedicated to China's most iconic sight - the Great Wall. Taking a walk on this incredible structure is the best way to appreciate both the sheer magnificence of the wall itself and the dramatic scenery that it crosses. In the afternoon, visit the Jade Museum then savour the idyllic landscapes of the Summer Palace as you wander through traditional Chinese gardens and view the exquisite architecture. This evening, savour Beijing's best known delicacy - Peking duck.
• Day 14: Fly Beijing to the US Fly to the US, arriving home later the same day or the following morning depending on flight schedules.
Package Minimum Stay: 13 Nights
• Yangtze River Cruise itineraries, sightseeing and excursions are subject to change due to water levels, river conditions and cruise line. Alternate excursions may be substituted at the discretion of the cruise company and cannot be guaranteed.
Included in package:
• Select meals (12 breakfasts. 11 lunches, 12 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US and Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Available at an additional cost:
• Extend your stay a few extra days!! Short stay tours and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Please see below for the tour selection:
• Beijing Short Stay Tour 3-nights
• Guilin and Yangshuo Short Stay 3-nights
• Hong Kong Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Hong Kong and Macau Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Panda and Buddha Short Stay (Chengdu) 2-nights
• Shanghai Short Stay 2-nights
• Xian Short Stay 2-nights
• Tipping is customary in China. On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars.
• The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. If your Tour includes the Yangtze River Cruise please note Tips for this component will be extra. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $88.00 per person.