This fully escorted tour is a group tour guaranteed for departure. For a degree of independence and flexibility this tour is available in a private option as well.
• Admire Shanghais bright lights
• Cruise the tranquil Li River
• Face the Terracotta Army
• Walk on the Great Wall
• Feast on Peking duck
• Explore the Forbidden City
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
GLORIES OF CHINA ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2016-2017 14 Days/13 Nights
Travel Dates: 10/29/2016 - 11/11/2016 11/19/2016 - 12/02/2016 02/25/2017 - 03/10/2017 03/11/2017 - 03/24/2017 03/25/2017 - 04/07/2017 04/01/2017 - 04/14/2017 04/08/2017 - 04/21/2017 04/22/2017 - 05/05/2017 05/06/2017 - 05/19/2017 05/20/2017 - 06/02/2017 06/24/2017 - 07/07/2017 07/22/2017 - 08/04/2017 08/12/2017 - 08/25/2017 09/02/2017 - 09/15/2017 09/09/2017 - 09/22/2017 09/16/2017 - 09/29/2017 09/23/2017 - 10/06/2017 10/07/2017 - 10/20/2017 10/14/2017 - 10/27/2017 10/28/2017 - 11/10/2017 11/18/2017 - 12/01/2017
• Day 1: Depart the US Fly to Shanghai Depart on your overnight flight from the US to the exuberant city of Shanghai, called 'the Paris of the East'.
• Day 2: Arrive Shanghai Upon arrival in Shanghai, you are met and transferred to your hotel.
• Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
• Day 3: Shanghai Sightseeing today includes a visit to the Shanghai Museum, which houses over 120,000 pieces of bronze, coins, jade, ceramics, paintings and calligraphy. We also walk along the famous Bund with its colonial architecture. In the evening enjoy traditional Shanghai cuisine.
• Day 4: Huangpu River Cruise Visit the peaceful Yu Garden, pass through the old town and visit the Silk Museum. View the city at night from the Huangpu River on a panoramic cruise.
• Day 5: Giant Pandas Fly to the scenic city of Guilin. Visit the Seven Star Park which is not only home to two Giant Pandas but also has beautiful scenery to stroll through. You can also explore the spectacular formations of Seven Star Cave.
• Day 6: Li River Cruise Take a relaxed cruise along the Li River to the charming village of Yangshuo. Around every river bend is a view to take your breath away as jagged karst peaks loom over rural scenes of lush greenery, grazing buffalo and local fishermen.
• Day 7: Yangshuo Yangshuo sits in an exquisite rural location, surrounded by landscapes of jewel-green paddy fields and dramatic lime- stone karsts. Spend the morning exploring the countryside before having an afternoon at leisure. There are many optional activities available including cycling, rafting and walking, though you may prefer to relax in the town.
• Day 8: Cormorant Fishermen Travel back to Guilin by road. Stroll around Ronghu Lake and admire the Sun and Moon Pagodas - two towering examples of traditional Chinese-Buddhist architecture. The South China Pearl Museum covers the fascinating 1,700-year history of pearling in the South China Sea with displays and demonstrations. There are also beautiful pieces available to buy. In the evening see the famous cormorant fishermen.
• Day 9: Tang Dynasty Dancing Fly to the ancient city of Xian. Saunter around the beautiful Little Wild Goose Pagoda before feasting on traditional Shui Jiao dumplings and watching an exuberant performance of Tang Dynasty dancing.
• Day 10: Terracotta Warriors After their fortuitous discovery in the 1970s, the Terracotta Army of China's first Emperor, Qin Shi Huang has intrigued visitors ever since. Spend the morning viewing the enigmatic ranks of life-sized warriors. Visit the workshop of the craftsmen who recreate Terracotta Warriors in the style of their ancient counterparts. Watch the skilled production process and buy a souvenir warrior to take home. Later, stroll on the beautifully preserved 14thcentury city walls that enclose Xian's old town.
• Day 11: Bullet train to Beijing Board the bullet train to Beijing, the capital of China. Enjoy a fascinating rickshaw ride through the warren-like hutongs, and visit a local family to gain a deeper insight into Chinese culture and local customs.
• Day 12: The Great Wall This morning is dedicated to China's most iconic sight - the Great Wall. Taking a walk on this incredible structure is the best way to appreciate both the sheer magnificence of the wall itself and the dramatic scenery that it crosses.
• Visit a Jade Museum where you can understand the delicate process of carving this stone. In the afternoon savour the idyllic landscapes of the Summer Palace as you wander amongst traditional Chinese gardens and view the exquisite architecture. Round off the day with an evening Chinese acrobatic show.
• Day 13: Forbidden City Soak up the harmonious ambience of the Temple of Heaven, an orderly oasis in a bustling urban landscape, where you can watch, or participate in a dance class. Heading to Beijing's symbolic heart, stroll across Tiananmen Square and into the sprawling magnificence of the Forbidden City. Entering through the Gate of Supreme Harmony, you will find a complex full of imperial riches. This evening, relish Beijing's best known delicacy - Peking duck.
• Day 14: Fly Beijing to the US Fly to the US, arriving home later the same day or the following morning depending on flight schedules.
Package Minimum Stay: 13 Nights
• Included in package:
• Select meals (12 breakfasts, 11 lunches & 12 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Available at an additional cost:
• Extend your stay a few extra days!! Short stay tours and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Please see below for the tour selection:
• Beijing Short Stay Tour 3-nights
• Guilin and Yangshuo Short Stay 3-nights
• Hong Kong Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Hong Kong and Macau Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Panda and Buddha Short Stay (Chengdu) 2-nights
• Shanghai Short Stay 2-nights
• Xian Short Stay 2-nights
• Tipping is customary in China. On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars.
• The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. If your Tour includes the Yangtze River Cruise please note Tips for this component will be extra. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $63.00 per person.