This fully escorted tour is a group tour guaranteed for departure. For a degree of independence and flexibility this tour is available in a private option as well.
• Admire Shanghai's bright lights
• Find the past in Zhujiajiao
• Face the Terracotta Army
• Walk on the Great Wall
• Feast on Peking duck
• Stroll the Summer Palace
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
A CHINA EXPERIENCE ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2016-2017 10 Days/9 Nights
Travel Dates: 10/22/2016 - 10/31/2016 11/19/2016 - 11/28/2016 11/26/2016 - 12/05/2016 02/04/2017 - 02/13/2017 02/18/2017 - 02/27/2017 03/04/2017 - 03/13/2017 03/18/2017 - 03/27/2017 03/25/2017 - 04/03/2017 04/01/2017 - 04/10/2017 04/08/2017 - 04/17/2017 04/15/2017 - 04/24/2017 04/22/2017 - 05/01/2017 05/06/2017 - 05/15/2017 05/13/2017 - 05/22/2017 05/20/2017 - 05/29/2017 05/27/2017 - 06/05/2017 06/03/2017 - 06/12/2017 06/24/2017 - 07/03/2017 07/15/2017 - 07/24/2017 07/29/2017 - 08/07/2017 08/12/2017 - 08/21/2017 08/26/2017 - 09/04/2017 09/02/2017 - 09/11/2017 09/09/2017 - 09/18/2017 09/16/2017 - 09/25/2017 09/23/2017 - 10/02/2017 10/07/2017 - 10/16/2017 10/14/2017 - 10/23/2017 10/21/2017 - 10/30/2017 11/18/2017 - 11/27/2017 11/25/2017 - 12/04/2017
• Day 1: Depart the US and fly to Shanghai Depart on your overnight flight from the US to the exuberant city of Shanghai, called 'the Paris of the East'.
• Day 2: Arrive Shanghai Upon arrival in Shanghai, you are met and transferred to your hotel.
• Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
• Day 3: Zhujiajiao Water Town Visit Zhujiajiao, one of Shanghai's sleepy water towns, built on an old canal system once used to transport goods all over imperial China. The towns narrow alleyways exude old-world charm, whilst the waterways are lined with ancient buildings and crossed by stone bridges. Return to Shanghai to enjoy the fine arts and antiquities of the Shanghai Museum, and explore People's Square. Dinner is traditional Shanghainese cuisine.
• Day 4: Explore Shanghai Shanghai is China's great metropolis, where east and west collide on streets lined with futuristic skyscrapers and 10th-century temples. Today's explorations include the traditional Yu Garden, the Silk Museum and a stop in the old town. Admire the magnificent colonial architecture with a stroll along the Bund. This evening view the city from the Huangpu River on a panoramic cruise.
• Day 5: Tang Dynasty Dancing Fly to Xian, the ancient former capital. Tonight feast on traditional Shui Jiao dumplings before a performance of Tang Dynasty dancing.
• Day 6: Xian Visit one of the most important archaeological discoveries of the 20th century, the Terracotta Warriors. The figures were created 2,000 years ago to accompany Qin Shihuang into the afterlife. We also walk along the Ancient City Wall.
• Day 7: Xian Muslim Quarter A relaxed morning includes a visit to the lovely Little Wild Goose Pagoda and time to walk through the atmospheric alleys of the Muslim Quarter, which are lined with Islamic food stalls. Later, fly to Beijing, China's capital city.
• Day 8: Imperial Beijing Heading to Beijing's symbolic heart, stroll across Tiananmen Square and into the sprawling magnificence of the Forbidden City. Entering through the Gate of Supreme Harmony you will find a complex full of imperial riches. Later soak up the harmonious ambience of the Temple of Heaven, an orderly oasis in a bustling urban landscape, where you can watch, or participate in, a dance class. Experience a Chinese acrobatic show this evening.
• Day 9: The Great Wall This morning is dedicated to China's most iconic sight the Great Wall. Taking a walk on this incredible structure is the best way to appreciate both the sheer magnificence of the wall itself and the dramatic scenery that it crosses.
• You will have an opportunity to visit a Jade Museum, where you will be able to buy a small handcrafted piece. Jade is revered throughout China, it is said to bring fortune and prosperity to those who wear it. Savour an afternoon in the idyllic landscapes of the Summer Palace as you see the traditional Chinese gardens and exquisite architecture. Today's sightseeing is the perfect way to build up your appetite for Beijing's best known delicacy - Peking duck, after which there is an option to enjoy a Kung Fu show.
• Day 10: Fly Beijing to the US Fly to the US, arriving home later the same day or the following morning depending on flight schedules.
Package Minimum Stay: 9 Nights
• Included in package:
• Select meals (8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 8 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US and Canadian Passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Available at an additional cost:
• Extend your stay a few extra days!! Short stay tours and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Please see below for the tour selection:
• Beijing Short Stay Tour 3-nights
• Guilin and Yangshuo Short Stay 3-nights
• Hong Kong Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Hong Kong and Macau Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Panda and Buddha Short Stay (Chengdu) 2-nights
• Shanghai Short Stay 2-nights
• Xian Short Stay 2-nights
• Tipping is customary in China. On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars.
• The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. If your Tour includes the Yangtze River Cruise please note Tips for this component will be extra.
• This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $55.00 per person.