This fully escorted tour is a group tour guaranteed for departure. For a degree of independence and flexibility this tour is available in a private option as well.
• Walk on the Great Wall
• Watch Giant Pandas play
• Face the Terracotta Army
• Cruise on the Li River
• Four nights on the Yangtze
• Admire Shanghais bright lights
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
WONDERS OF CHINA ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2016-2017 16 Days/15 Nights
• 08/20/2017 - 09/04/2017 08/27/2017 - 09/11/2017 08/31/2017 - 09/15/2017 09/03/2017 - 09/18/2017 09/07/2017 - 09/22/2017 09/10/2017 - 09/25/2017 09/14/2017 - 09/29/2017 09/17/2017 - 10/02/2017 09/21/2017 - 10/06/2017 09/24/2017 - 10/09/2017 10/05/2017 - 10/20/2017 10/08/2017 - 10/23/2017 10/12/2017 - 10/27/2017 10/15/2017 - 10/30/2017 10/22/2017 - 11/06/2017 10/29/2017 - 11/13/2017 11/05/2017 - 11/20/2017
• Day 1: Depart the US fly to Beijing Depart on your overnight flight from the US to Beijing, China's historical capital.
• Day 2: Arrive Beijing Upon arrival in Beijing, you are met and transferred to your hotel.
• Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
• Day 3: Imperial Beijing Heading to Beijing's symbolic heart, stroll across Tiananmen Square and into the sprawling magnificence of the Forbidden City. Entering through the Gate of Supreme Harmony, you will find a complex full of imperial riches. Enjoy a rickshaw ride through Beijing's warren-like hutongs, and visit a local family to gain a deeper insight into Chinese culture and local customs. Later, soak up the harmonious ambience of the Temple of Heaven, an orderly oasis in a bustling urban landscape, where you can watch, or participate in a dance class. This evening sit down to a traditional dinner of Peking duck.
• Day 4: Beijing Walk on the Great Wall to appreciate 2,000 years of historical significance while admiring panoramic views.
• The Great Wall is China's most iconic attraction, which stretches over 4,000 miles from the Shanhaiguan Pass on the east coast to the Gobi Desert in the west. Also tour the exquisite Summer Palace, considered a masterpiece of Chinese landscape garden design. This evening, attend a fascinating Chinese Acrobatic show.
• Day 5: Muslim Quarter Fly to Xian and stroll around the Muslim Quarter. Enjoy a dumpling feast and Tang Dynasty dancing show.
• Day 6: Terracotta Warriors After their fortuitous discovery in the 1970s, the Terracotta Army of China's first Emperor Qin Shi Huang has intrigued visitors ever since. Spend the morning viewing the enigmatic ranks of life-sized warriors. After lunch stroll on the beautifully preserved 14th-century city walls that enclose Xian's old town.
• Day 7: Wuhan Fly to Wuhan and transfer to Yichang to board your Yangtze River Cruise vessel.
• Days 8-10: Yangtze River Cruise A man-made marvel, the Three Gorges Dam showcases this massive feat of engineering. But cruising upstream nature takes over, revealing some of the world's most dramatic scenery including the Three Gorges themselves. Over the next three days prepare for one breathtaking panorama after another. Take a side trip to the attractive Goddess or Shennong Stream and enjoy shore excursions to the Ghost City of Fengdu or Shibaozhai.
• Day 11: Guilin Disembarking from the cruise vessel, visit the Panda House at Chongqing Zoo. Fly to Guilin.
• Day 12: Li River Cruise Take a relaxed cruise along the Li River to the charming village of Yangshuo. Around every river bend is a view to take your breath away as jagged karst peaks loom over rural scenes of lush greenery, grazing buffalo and local fishermen.
• Day 13: Yangshuo Yangshuo sits in an exquisite rural location, surrounded by landscapes of jewel-green paddy fields and dramatic lime- stone karsts. Spend the morning exploring the countryside before returning to Guilin by road. Explore the impressive Reed Flute Cave and visit the South China Pearl Museum before seeing the cormorant fishermen demonstrating their age-old skills.
• Day 14: Explore Shanghai Fly to the exuberant city of Shanghai. Spend the afternoon admiring the fine arts and antiquities of the Shanghai Museum and strolling around People's Square. This evening view the city from the Huangpu River on a panoramic cruise.
• Day 16: Fly Shanghai to US Fly to the US, arriving home later the same day or the following morning depending on flight schedules.
• Day 15: Discover Shanghai Shanghai is China's great metropolis, where east and west collide on streets lined with futuristic skyscrapers and 10th-century temples. Today's explorations include the classical Yu Garden, the Silk Museum and a stop in the old town. Admire the magnificent colonial architecture with a stroll along the Bund. This evening enjoy some tasty, traditional Shanghai cuisine.
Package Minimum Stay: 15 Nights
• Yangtze River Cruise itineraries, sightseeing and excursions are subject to change due to water levels, river conditions and cruise line. Alternate excursions may be substituted at the discretion of the cruise company and cannot be guaranteed.
Included in package:
• Select meals (14 breakfasts, 13 lunches & 14 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Available at an additional cost:
• Extend your stay a few extra days!! Short stay tours and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Please see below for the tour selection:
• Beijing Short Stay Tour 3-nights
• Guilin and Yangshuo Short Stay 3-nights
• Hong Kong Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Hong Kong and Macau Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Panda and Buddha Short Stay (Chengdu) 2-nights
• Shanghai Short Stay 2-nights
• Xian Short Stay 2-nights
• Tipping is customary in China. On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars.
• The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. If your Tour includes the Yangtze River Cruise please note Tips for this component will be extra.
• This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $92.00 per person.