This fully escorted tour is a group tour guaranteed for departure. For a degree of independence and flexibility this tour is available in a private option as well.
• Walk on the Great Wall
• Feast on Peking duck
• Stroll the Summer Palace
• Face the Terracotta Army
• Admire the Leshan Buddha
• Watch Giant Pandas play
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
IN PURSUIT OF PANDAS ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2016-2017 9 Days/8 Nights
Travel Dates: 11/18/2016 - 11/26/2016 12/23/2016 - 01/02/2017 02/10/2017 - 02/18/2017 03/03/2017 - 03/11/2017 03/17/2017 - 03/25/2017 04/07/2017 - 04/15/2017 04/21/2017 - 04/29/2017 05/05/2017 - 05/13/2017 05/12/2017 - 05/20/2017 05/19/2017 - 05/27/2017 06/02/2017 - 06/10/2017 07/21/2017 - 07/29/2017 08/11/2017 - 08/19/2017 09/01/2017 - 09/09/2017 09/08/2017 - 09/16/2017 09/22/2017 - 09/30/2017 10/08/2017 - 10/14/2017 10/20/2017 - 10/28/2017 11/19/2017 - 11/27/2017 12/23/2017 - 01/02/2018
• Day 1: Depart the US fly to Bejing Depart on your overnight flight from the US to Beijing, China's historical capital.
• Day 2: Arrive Beijing Upon arrival in Beijing, you are met and transferred to your hotel.
• Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
• Day 3: Imperial Beijing Begin in Beijing's symbolic heart with a stroll across Tiananmen Square, flanked by imposing government buildings and the mausoleum of Chairman Mao. At the head of the square the sprawling magnificence of the Forbidden City is a monument to dynasties past. Entering through the Gate of Supreme Harmony, you will find a complex of a thousand rooms and many imperial treasures. Later soak up the harmonious ambience of the Temple of Heaven, an orderly oasis in a bustling urban landscape, where you can watch, or participate in a dance class. This evening sit down to a traditional dinner of Peking duck, after which there is an option to enjoy a Kung Fu show.
• Day 4: The Great Wall This morning is dedicated to China's most iconic sight the Great Wall. Stretching thousands of miles from the Yellow Sea to the Gobi Desert, over all sorts of dramatic landscapes, it is one of the world's most impressive feats of engineering. Taking a walk on this incredible structure is the best way to appreciate both the wall itself and the magnificent scenery that it crosses. You will have an opportunity to visit a Jade Museum, where you will be able to buy a small handcrafted piece. Jade is revered throughout China; it is said to bring fortune and prosperity to those who wear it. Drive back to Beijing, then savour a relaxed afternoon in the idyllic landscapes of the Summer Palace as you wander through traditional gardens and admire exquisite architecture. A Chinese acrobatic show rounds off the day.
• Day 5: Xian City Walls Fly to Xian. An illustrious and age-old city, Xian is one of the four great ancient capitals of China. It is also the capital of Shaanxi province, and the starting point of the fabled Silk Road with a history spanning 3,100 years. Take a leisurely stroll on the beautifully preserved 14th-century city walls that enclose Xian's old town, before a delicious feast of traditional Shui Jiao dumplings and a performance of Tang Dynasty dancing.
• Day 6: Terracotta Warriors After their fortuitous discovery by local farmers in the 1970s, the Terracotta Army of China's first Emperor Qin Shi Huang, has intrigued visitors ever since. Spend the morning viewing the enigmatic ranks of life-like warriors who stand in their original formations at the exact location they were excavated. Visit the workshop of the craftsmen who recreate Terracotta Warriors in the style of their ancient counter- parts. Watch the skilled production process and buy a souvenir warrior to take home. Fly to Chengdu.
• Day 7: Grand Buddha of Leshan Travel to Leshan to visit the Grand Buddha which, at 71 metres, is the world's largest stone-carved Buddhist monument and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A short boat trip on the river will give even better views of the statue.
• Returning to Chengdu, there will be a stop at the riverside village of Huanglongxi, where cobbled streets and rickety wooden buildings retain the charms of the Qing Dynasty.
• Sample a delicious Sichuan meal this evening.
• Day 8: Giant Pandas A visit to Chengdu's famous Panda Conservation Centre allows you to see and learn about China's celebrated bears. See them up close in surroundings that mirror their natural habitat as they chomp through piles of bamboo. A look around the informative museum gives an overview of the Reserve's breeding programme. Also, visit the Shu Brocade Embroidery Museum, then choose to enjoy a hot beverage in a traditional tea house before visiting Matchmaker's Corner where parents search for worthy suitors for their children.
• Day 9: Fly Chengdu to US Fly to the US, arriving home later the same day or the following morning depending on flight schedules.
Package Minimum Stay: 8 Nights
• Included in package:
• Select meals (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Available at an additional cost:
• Extend your stay a few extra days!! Short stay tours and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Please see below for the tour selection:
• Beijing Short Stay Tour 3-nights
• Guilin and Yangshuo Short Stay 3-nights
• Hong Kong Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Hong Kong and Macau Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Panda and Buddha Short Stay (Chengdu) 2-nights
• Shanghai Short Stay 2-nights
• Xian Short Stay 2-nights
• Tipping is customary in China. On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars.
• The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. If your Tour includes the Yangtze River Cruise please note Tips for this component will be extra.
• This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $45.00 per person.