• Walk on the Great Wall
• Face the Terracotta Army
• Watch Giant Pandas play
• Cruise on the Li River
• Four nights on the Yangtze
• Stroll old gardens in Suzhou
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
MAGNIFICENT CHINA ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2017 22 Days/21 Nights
Travel Dates: 03/05/2017 - 03/26/2017 03/12/2017 - 04/02/2017 03/19/2017 - 04/09/2017 03/26/2017 - 04/16/2017 04/02/2017 - 04/23/2017 04/09/2017 - 04/30/2017 04/16/2017 - 05/07/2017 04/23/2017 - 05/14/2017 05/07/2017 - 05/28/2017 05/14/2017 - 06/04/2017 05/21/2017 - 06/11/2017 05/28/2017 - 06/18/2017 06/04/2017 - 06/25/2017 06/18/2017 - 07/09/2017 07/09/2017 - 07/30/2017 08/06/2017 - 08/27/2017 08/27/2017 - 09/17/2017 09/01/2017 - 09/22/2017 09/03/2017 - 09/24/2017 09/08/2017 - 09/29/2017 09/10/2017 - 10/01/2017 09/17/2017 - 10/08/2017 09/24/2017 - 10/15/2017 10/06/2017 - 10/27/2017 10/08/2017 - 10/29/2017 10/15/2017 - 11/05/2017 10/22/2017 - 11/05/2017 10/29/2017 - 11/19/2017
• Days 1-2: Fly to Beijing Fly overnight to Beijing, China's historical capital. Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
• Day 3: Imperial Beijing Heading to Beijing's symbolic heart, stroll across Tiananmen Square and into the sprawling magnificence of the Forbidden City to discover a complex full of imperial riches. Later, enjoy a rickshaw ride through the warren-like hutongs and visit a local family to gain a deeper insight into Chinese culture and local customs. This evening sit down to a traditional dinner of Peking duck.
• Day 4: The Great Wall Visit China's most iconic sight - the Great Wall. There is no better way to appreciate the magnificence of this incredible structure than walking along it. Visit the Jade Museum then savour an afternoon in the idyllic landscapes of the Summer Palace. This evening there is an option to see Kung Fu masters in action.
• Day 5: Temple of Heaven Soak up the harmonious ambience of the Temple of Heaven, an orderly oasis in a bustling urban landscape, and wander the grounds where you can watch, or participate in a dance class.
• A Chinese acrobatic show rounds off the day.
• Day 6: Tang Dynasty Dancing Fly to Xian, the ancient former capital. See the Little Wild Goose Pagoda, before a delicious feast of traditional Shui Jiao dumplings and a Tang Dynasty dance show.
• Day 7: Terracotta Warriors The Terracotta Army of Emperor Qin Shi Huang has long intrigued visitors. Spend the morning viewing the enigmatic ranks of life-like warriors and later visit the Ceramics Exhibition where replicas of the statues are created. Next, take an afternoon stroll on the beautifully preserved 14th- century city walls that enclose Xian's old town. Also explore the atmospheric alleys of the Muslim Quarter and the many Islamic food stalls. This evening join an optional tour of Xian by night.
• Day 8: Xian to Wuhan - Yangtze River Cruise Embarkation Visit the Little Wild Goose Pagoda before flying to Wuhan.
• Transfer to Yichang to board the Yangtze River Cruise vessel.
• Days 9-11: Yangtze River Cruise The Three Gorges Dam showcases a massive feat of engineering but as we cruise upstream nature takes over, revealing some of world's most dramatic scenery including the Three Gorges themselves. Over the next three days prepare for one breath- taking panorama after another, and take a side trip to the attractive Goddess or Shennong streams and Fengdu or Shibaozhai.
• Day 12: Old Ciqikou Disembark in Chongqing and explore old Ciqikou, whose narrow streets are perfect for a stroll to admire the traditional architecture. Transfer to Chengdu.
• Day 13: Giant Pandas Visit Chengdu's famous Panda Conservation Centre to see and learn about China's celebrated bears in surroundings that mirror their natural habitat. Look around the Shu Brocade Museum and stroll through the vibrant People's Park with a stop at Matchmaker's Corner, where parents search for worthy suitors for their children, and visit a traditional tea house. Dine on delicious Sichuan food for dinner after which there is an option to see a performance of Sichuan Opera including the famous 'face-changing'.
• Day 14: Guilin Fly to the attractive city of Guilin. Discover the colourful stalagmites and stalactites of Reed Flute Cave.
• Day 15: Li River Cruise Take a relaxed cruise along the Li River to the charming village of Yangshuo. Around every river bend is a view to take your breath away as jagged karst peaks loom over rural scenes of lush greenery, grazing buffalo and local fishermen.
• Day 16: Yangshuo Yangshuo sits in an exquisite rural location, surrounded by green paddy fields and dramatic limestone karsts. Spend the morning exploring the countryside before an afternoon at leisure. There are many optional activities available including cycling, rafting and walking if you wish. In the evening see the famous cormorant fishermen.
• Day 17: Yangshuo to Suzhou This morning we drive back to Guilin for our flight to cosmopolitan Shanghai and transfer to the charming city of Suzhou, acclaimed throughout Chinese history as one of the most cultured.
• Day 18: Suzhou to Shanghai The exquisite gardens of Suzhou have been included on the UNESCO World Heritage list. We will visit the fine Humble Administrators Garden as well as the Master of the Nets Garden. This afternoon we visit a local silk mill still in operation today and enjoy a cruise on the ancient Grand Canal. Return to Shanghai and enjoy a dinner of traditional Shanghai cuisine.
• Day 19: Historic Suzhou Travel to Suzhou. Suzhou is renowned for its gardens - visit one of its finest, the Humble Administrators Garden. Cruise the Grand Canal before returning to Shanghai to dine on local cuisine.
• Days 20-21: Discover Shanghai Shanghai is China's great metropolis, where east and west collide. Visit the classical Yu Garden and stop in the old town before admiring the architecture on the Bund. You will also visit the Shanghai Museum and People's Square. The next day explore futuristic Pudong and view the city from the Huangpu River with a panoramic cruise.
• Day 22: Fly Shanghai to the US Fly to the US, arriving home the same or following day.
Package Minimum Stay: 21 Nights
• Included in package:
• Select meals ((20 breakfasts, 19 lunches & 20 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Available at an additional cost:
• Extend your stay a few extra days!! Short stay tours and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Please see below for the tour selection:
• Beijing Short Stay Tour 3-nights
• Guilin and Yangshuo Short Stay 3-nights
• Hong Kong Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Hong Kong and Macau Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Panda and Buddha Short Stay (Chengdu) 2-nights
• Shanghai Short Stay 2-nights
• Xian Short Stay 2-nights
• Tipping is customary in China. On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars.
• The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. If your Tour includes the Yangtze River Cruise please note Tips for this component will be extra. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours.
• Tip cost for this tour is $103.00 per person.