• Three nights on a deluxe Yangtze cruise
• Sip champagne on the Great Wall
• Enjoy time at leisure in beautiful Yangshuo
• Step back in time in old Zhujiajiao
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
LEGENDS OF CHINA ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2017 17 Days/16 Nights
Travel Dates: 05/10/2017 - 03/26/2017 05/24/2017 - 06/09/2017 09/06/2017 - 09/22/2017 09/20/2017 - 10/06/2017 10/11/2017 - 10/27/2017
• Days 1-2: Fly to Beijing Arrive at the fly overnight to Beijing. On arrival you will be accompanied by one of our experienced escorts to the hotel.
• Day 3: Explore Imperial Beijing Begin the day like many locals with gentle exercise, as you partake in a private tai chi lesson with a master in the Temple of Heaven park. Cross vast Tiananmen Square to the Forbidden City - a monument to a dynastic past, the palace served as the home of emperors for 500 years. Your visit includes entrance to the intimate Treasure Hall, a glittering showcase of royal life. Dine on Peking duck at the excellent Quanjude restaurant and enjoy an optional Kung Fu show. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 4: Champagne on the Great Wall From the Gobi Desert to the Bohai Sea the Great Wall stretches thousands of miles. Ride the cable car up the beautiful Mutianyu section, stopping at the ideal spot to enjoy a glass of champagne whilst admiring the views of the Wall as it snakes over craggy peaks. Return to Beijing via the Jade Museum, then take a rickshaw ride through the hutongs where you'll stop for a lesson in calligraphy with a learned scholar. Enjoy a free evening at lively Houhai Lake.
• (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 5: Ancient City Walls Fly to Xian. Walk on the 14thcentury walls for an excellent overview of the city. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure to enjoy the facilities of your hotel. This evening, watch a colourful Tang Dynasty dance performance. (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 6: The Terracotta Warriors View the enigmatic ranks of the Terracotta Warriors in the company of an expert who works at the site and who will put their story into context. Next we have exclusively arranged for you to meet the discoverer of the Warriors - learn about the moment they were uncovered by talking to one of the farmers who stumbled upon them in 1974. Visit the Xian Art Ceramics and Lacquer Exhibition before returning to the city.
• Later study with local dumpling chefs to learn the art of creating these cultural delicacies, before an option to take a city night tour which includes the dazzling fountain display in front of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 7: Beautiful Guilin Explore Hanyangling Mausoleum and visit the restoration laboratory. The artefacts recovered here, viewable from the glass walkways above, give a fascinating insight into daily life during the Western Han Dynasty. Fly to Guilin, a city set in dramatic limestone karst landscapes. The rest of the day is free to spend as you wish. (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 8: Cruise the Li River Cruise the Li River to Yangshuo. The magnificence of the limestone karsts and serenity of life on the riverbanks is a wonderful sight. On arrival, enjoy a delicious dinner before taking your VIP seats for 'Impression Sanjie Liu', a light spectacular that perfectly utilises the karst landscape as a theatre and the Li River as a stage. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 9: At leisure in Yangshuo Take a walking tour of Yangshuo's idyllic, karst-studded countryside before a free afternoon to spend as you wish.
• (Breakfast Included)
• Day 10: Cormorant Fishing Return to Guilin by road. Take a walking tour of the twin Sun and Moon Pagodas - set on a calm lake these towers are picturesque and elegant examples of Chinese Buddhist architecture. Enjoy a stroll around Guilin's vibrant West Lake area before visiting the South China Pearl Museum to discover the fascinating 1,700-year history of pearling in the South China Sea. As well as displays and demonstrations there are also beautiful pieces to buy. This evening head down to the river to see the famous cormorant fishermen demonstrating their age-old technique. (Breakfast Included)
• Day 11: Cruise the Yangtze River Transfer to Chongqing and make a relaxed exploration of Cikiqou, a historic district full of traditional architecture with time for your own leisurely lunch. Board your Century cruise ship. (Breakfast and Dinner Included)
• Day 12: Captain's Welcome The Yangtze has played a pivotal role in the history, culture and economy of China - this voyage is the perfect way to get an insight into its importance. The first excursion will be to Shibaozhai, a hilltop pagoda beside the river. This evening the captain will host a welcome reception before a lavish dinner is served. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 13: Dramatic Yangtze Gorges Prepare for breathtaking vistas as we sweep through the Wu and Qutang gorges before heading up the scenic Shennong Stream on a sampan to explore further. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 14: Three Gorges Dam Project The Three Gorges Dam is a massive feat of engineering that saw the century-old dreams of Chinese luminaries come to fruition. Created to harness the power of the Yangtze, it is difficult to not be awestruck as you stand on the viewing platform. Also visit the Three Gorges Dam exhibition centre.
• Disembark and fly to Shanghai. (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 15: Zhujiajiao Water Town China's attractive water towns exude a rustic charm. The 1,700-year-old Zhujiajiao is a typical example, boasting old stone bridges, woodpanelled houses and numerous atmospheric waterways once used to transport goods. Return to Shanghai where the afternoon is free. You might like to enjoy an acrobat show or a cruise on the Huangpu River. (Breakfast Included)
• Day 16: Stylish Shanghai Walk in the Yu Garden, a classic example of traditional Chinese horticulture. Visit the colonial Bund, the Silk Museum and the Old Town, before admiring the collections of the Shanghai Museum. Enjoy a farewell dinner at Shunfeng and toast the end of the tour with a cocktail at Cloud 9 in Jin Mao Tower with views of the Pudong skyline. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 17: Fly Shanghai to the US Transfer to the airport for your flight back home, arriving the same or following day. (Breakfast Included)
Package Minimum Stay: 16 Nights
• Shore excursions are subject to change depending on local conditions. Detailed daily itineraries will be handed out on the vessel each day.
• Practice the art of tai chi at the Temple of Heaven
• Champagne toast at the top of the Great Wall
• A special souvenir from our calligraphy lesson at a local hutong home
• Join Xian's best chefs at a dumpling making class
• Tour the Terracotta Warriors with an on-site archaeologist
Premier Collection Highlights
• Luxury Accommodations: Beijing Shangri-La, Xian Shangri-La, Guilin Sheraton, Yangshuo Resort, Yangtze River Cruise vessel President No. 8, Shanghai Grand Central Hotel
• Gourmet Dinners: Legendary Peking Duck at Quanjude Restaurant, Decadent dumpling dinner and demo at De Fa Chang, Relaxing atmosphere at Pure Lotus Vegetarian, Acclaimed dumplings at Din Tai Fung, Farewell cocktail at the swanky M on the Bund rooftop
Included in package:
• Select gourmet meals (15 breakfasts, 10 lunches & 7 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Available at an additional cost:
• Extend your stay a few extra days!! Short stay tours and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Please see below for the tour selection:
• Beijing Short Stay Tour 3-nights
• Guilin and Yangshuo Short Stay 3-nights
• Hong Kong Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Hong Kong and Macau Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Panda and Buddha Short Stay (Chengdu) 2-nights
• Shanghai Short Stay 2-nights
• Xian Short Stay 2-nights
• Tipping is customary on Group Tours. In order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour.
• Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars. The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $128.00 per person.