• Walk on the Great Wall
• Watch Giant Pandas play
• Cruise on the Li River
• Four nights on the Yangtze
• Discover old China in Dali
• Stroll old gardens in Suzhou
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
GRAND TOUR OF CHINA ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2017 26 Days/25 Nights
Travel Dates: 03/16/2017 - 04/10/2017 03/23/2017 - 04/17/2017 04/06/2017 - 05/01/2017 04/13/2017 - 05/08/2017 04/20/2017 - 05/15/2017 05/04/2017 - 05/29/2017 05/11/2017 - 06/05/2017 05/25/2017 - 06/19/2017 06/15/2017 - 07/10/2017 07/13/2017 - 08/07/2017 08/10/2017 - 09/04/2017 08/24/2017 - 09/18/2017 08/31/2017 - 09/25/2017 09/03/2017 - 09/28/2017 09/07/2017 - 10/02/2017 09/14/2017 - 10/09/2017 09/21/2017 - 10/16/2017 10/05/2017 - 10/30/2017 10/12/2017 - 11/06/2017 10/26/2017 - 11/20/2017
• Day 1: Depart the US fly to Beijing Depart on your overnight flight from the US to Beijing, China's historical capital.
• Day 2: Arrive Beijing Upon arrival in Beijing, you are met and transferred to your hotel.
• Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture.
• Days 3-4: Beijing and The Great Wall Visit Tiananmen Square and discover the sprawling magnificence of the Forbidden City before exploring Beijing's old hutongs where you can meet a local family and visit their home. This evening eat traditional Peking duck. The next morning take a walk on the incredible Great Wall, the best way to appreciate its sheer magnificence. Stop at the Jade Museum to understand and appreciate the delicate process of carving the stone - you can even buy a piece. Finally savour the idyllic landscapes of the Summer Palace. In the evening enjoy a Chinese acrobatic show.
• Day 5: Temple of Heaven Soak up the harmonious ambience of the Temple of Heaven, an orderly oasis in a bustling urban landscape, and wander through the park, where you can watch, or participate in a dance class. Take a bullet train to Xian.
• Days 6-7: Terracotta Warriors Enjoy a visit to the Little Wild Goose Pagoda before wandering around the narrow alleys of the Muslim Quarter.
• Tonight feast on traditional Shui Jiao dumplings before a performance of Tang Dynasty dancing. The next day, view the enigmatic ranks of warriors that make up the Terracotta Army of Emperor Qin Shi Huang. Visit the workshop of the craftsmen who recreate Terracotta Warriors in the style of their ancient counterparts. Watch the skilled production process and buy a souvenir warrior to take home. Later stroll on Xian's beautifully preserved 14th-century city walls.
• Day 8: Wuhan Fly to Wuhan and transfer to Yichang to board your Yangtze River cruise vessel.
• Days 9-11: Yangtze River Cruise The Three Gorges Dam may be an impressive feat of engineering but as you cruise upstream nature takes over, revealing some of the world's most dramatic scenery including the Three Gorges themselves. Over the next three days prepare for one breathtaking panorama after another. Take a side trip to the attractive Goddess or Shennong Stream and enjoy a range of shore excursions.
• Day 12: Old Ciqikou Disembark in Chongqing then explore old Ciqikou, whose narrow streets are perfect for a stroll to admire the traditional architecture. Transfer to Chengdu where tonight you will be served a traditional Sichuan dinner with the option to watch a performance of a Sichuan Opera.
• Day 13: Giant Pandas Visit Chengdu's famous Panda Centre to see these celebrated bears in surroundings that mirror their natural habitat. Stop by the Shu Brocade and Embroidery Museum before flying to the pleasant city of Kunming.
• Day 14: Stone Forest Explore the fascinating formations of the picturesque Stone Forest. Tuck in to local delicacy Crossing the Bridge Noodles for dinner.
• Days 15-16: Enchanting Dali Dali offers a peek of the China of times-gone-by. On your first day visit the Three Pagodas, whilst the next day explore the Ancient Quarter, the Yen Family House and pop over to Xizhou village to browse around the local market.
• There will also be a cruise on Erhai Lake.
• Day 17: Guilin Transfer back to Kunming and fly to the attractive city of Guilin.
• Days 18-19: Li River and Yangshuo Take a relaxed cruise along the Li River to charming Yangshuo.
• Around every river bend is a view to take your breath away as jagged karst peaks loom over rural scenes of lush greenery, grazing buffalo and local fishermen. Yangshuo itself sits amongst paddy fields and dramatic karsts - spend the next morning exploring with the afternoon at leisure. There are many optional activities available including cycling, rafting and walking if you wish. In the evening see the famous cormorant fishermen.
• Day 20: Reed Flute Cave Drive back to Guilin, visit the Pearl Museum and Reed Flute Cave where you can admire colourful stalactites and stalagmites. Fly to Hangzhou.
• Days 21-22: Discover Hangzhou Spend a morning wandering around the Temple of Inspired Seclusion and visit the former residence of Hu Xueyang, before cruising on West Lake, admiring the gardens, pagodas and old bridges on its shores. The next day transfer to Suzhou.
• Day 23: Suzhou's Gardens Suzhou's centre has managed to retain a sense of quaint charm. Renowned for its gardens, visit one of the finest, the Humble Administrator's Garden, typical of the Chinese appreciation of balance and harmony. Cruise on the thousand- year-old Grand Canal.
• Day 24: Shanghai Travel to Shanghai. Visit Matchmaker's Corner, where parents search for worthy suitors for their children, and Shanghai Museum. This evening dine on a delicious meal of Shanghai cuisine.
• Day 25: Explore Shanghai Shanghai is China's great metropolis, where east and west collide on streets lined with futuristic skyscrapers and 10th-century temples. Today's explorations include the traditional Yu Garden, the old town, the Shanghai Museum and the Silk Museum. Later admire the magnificent colonial architecture with a stroll along the Bund before enjoying a view of the glittering city from the Huangpu River on a panoramic cruise.
• Day 26: Fly Shanghai to the US Fly to the US, arriving home later the same day or the following morning depending on flight schedules.
Package Minimum Stay: 25 Nights
• *Yangtze River Cruise itineraries, sightseeing and excursions are subject to change due to water levels, river conditions and cruise line. Alternate excursions may be substituted at the discretion of the cruise company and cannot be guaranteed.
Included in package:
• Select meals (24 breakfasts, 23 lunches & 24 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Available at an additional cost:
• Extend your stay a few extra days!! Short stay tours and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Please see below for the tour selection:
• Beijing Short Stay Tour 3-nights
• Guilin and Yangshuo Short Stay 3-nights
• Hong Kong Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Hong Kong and Macau Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Panda and Buddha Short Stay (Chengdu) 2-nights
• Shanghai Short Stay 2-nights
• Xian Short Stay 2-nights
• Tipping is customary in China. On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars.
• The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. If your Tour includes the Yangtze River Cruise please note Tips for this component will be extra. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours.
• Tip cost for this tour is $125.00 per person.