• Get festive at Hong Kong's New Year Parade
• Watch New Year fireworks
• Learn dumpling making
• Stroll Ditan Temple Fair
• Enjoy Longqing Ice Festival
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
CHINESE NEW YEAR ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2017 10 Days/9 Nights
Travel Dates: 01/26/2017 - 02/04/2017
• Days 1-2: Fly to Hong Kong Fly overnight to Hong Kong, the ultimate east-meets-west destination. Visit the famous flower markets and enjoy a New Year's Eve celebratory dinner. (Dinner included)
• Day 3: Hong Kong Chinese New Year Parade Hong Kong vibrates with anticipation for the upcoming celebrations as you explore the colourful temples and streets of the city. In the evening take your reserved seats for the Tsim Sha Tsui Night Parade, to witness the truly astonishing variety of colourful floats, live music and dance performances as they pass. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
• Day 4: New Year Fireworks Visit bustling Stanley Market and Aberdeen Fishing Village, home to rows of old-fashioned junks and house boats, before finishing at Victoria Peak for mesmerising views over sky- scrapers, bays and islands. The afternoon is free to enjoy the New Year ambience, then see one of the world's greatest fireworks displays whilst cruising on Victoria Harbour.
• (Breakfast and Lunch included)
• Day 5: Lantern Festival Fly to Xian, terminus of the Silk Road and the greatest of China's ancient capitals. Dumpling-making is considered an art form in China and you will learn the secret to making these intricate parcels as a master chef prepares them before your eyes. Xian is surrounded by an imposing and enormously wide wall which would have once been patrolled by Ming Dynasty soldiers and is now used as a city thoroughfare. Head to the walls in the evening and discover that they have been decorated in a riot of colours and lights for the dazzling Lantern Festival. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
• Day 6: Terracotta Warriors Housed in three immense hangers, the ranks of the Terracotta Army stand sentinel in their subterranean necropolis. Gaze over the ranks of crossbowmen, infantry, horses and chariots, all drawn up in traditional battle order, as your guide introduces you to these life-like soldiers unique stories.
• Take a walking tour of the narrow twisting streets of the Muslim Quarter; and sample the delicious, freshly cooked snacks whilst gaining an insight into the city's fascinating culture and significance as the start of the Silk Road.
• Later in the day visit a local family to learn about the ancient traditions of the Spring Festival - a time when millions of people travel thousands of miles to see their loved ones. This is a unique opportunity to discover how local people celebrate China's most important event of the year. (Breakfast and Lunch included)
• Day 7: Temple Fair Fly to Beijing, a city drenched in history and at the heart of Chinas future. Join the locals with a stroll around the Ditan Temple Fair, sampling traditional lucky snacks and enjoying the entertainment and games. Later, enjoy a sumptuous Peking duck dinner. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
• Day 8: Champagne on the Great Wall and Longqing Ice Festival This morning is dedicated to China's most iconic sight the Great Wall. The stark, yet magnificent landscape puts you in the shoes of those who guarded this incredible edifice hundreds of years ago. Stop for a well-deserved glass of champagne and to appreciate this magical moment. In the afternoon head to the valleys of Longqing for the Ice and Snow Festival, a bright and colourful display of ice lanterns, ice carving and snow sculptures. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
• Day 9: Family Festivities Stroll across Tiananmen Square and into the sprawling magnificence of the Forbidden City. Walking through this ornately designed complex offers an unsurpassed insight into Chinas colourful past. In the evening meet up with a local family to learn more of what makes the Spring Festival so special as you create intricate paper decorations and paint elegant Chinese calligraphy. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
• Day 10: Fly Beijing to the US Fly to the US, arriving home the same or following day. (Breakfast included)
Package Minimum Stay: 9 Nights
• Included in package:
• Select meals (8 breakfasts, 5 lunches & 6 dinners)
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
• Visa fees for US & Canadian passport holders
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Available at an additional cost:
• Extend your stay a few extra days!! Short stay tours and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Please see below for the tour selection:
• Beijing Short Stay Tour 3-nights
• Guilin and Yangshuo Short Stay 3-nights
• Hong Kong Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Hong Kong and Macau Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Panda and Buddha Short Stay (Chengdu) 2-nights
• Shanghai Short Stay 2-nights
• Xian Short Stay 2-nights
• Tipping is customary on Group Tours. In order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour.
• Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars. The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $135.00 per person.