Distance from Hotel to Town, 8 miles (13 kms). Distance from Hotel to Airport, 8 miles (13 kms).
Quinta Real Oaxaca. Built in 1576 as the Convent of Santa Catalina de Siena, the delicate feet of nuns trod its corridors for almost three centuries. At the height of political turmoil in 1862, the nuns were ordered to abandon the convent, and their former home was turned into offices for municipal bureaucrats until 1972, which is when restoration began. The National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH) supervised the interior decoration. Teams of experts restored the frescoes that adorned the ancient walls. Floors were returned to their original designs and, where possible, the artistic treasures of yesteryear were repaired. No two rooms are identical in the Camino Real Oaxaca, but all of them offer modern comforts against a Spanish colonial backdrop. One of the most representative patios, Los Lavaderos (The Washtubs), is located on the northwestern corner of the grounds. It consists of stone tubs within a fountain carved in octagonal form with a dome, and is considered to be one of the most ingenious hydraulic systems of the colonial era. The water flows from the center of the fountain toward the 12 tubs, maintaining a constant level at all times. In this ancient building each guest room is different from all the others, but all provide modern comforts within a colonial setting.
- Accommodations (91)
- Activities Desk
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Banquet Room
- Bars (2)
- Breakfast Room
- Business Center
- Children's Activities
- Conference Rooms
- Currency Exchange
- Doctor (on call) ($)
- Dry Cleaning
- Front Desk (24-hour)
- Gift Shop
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Hospitality Desk
- Internet Access (wireless) ($)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Lounges (4)
- Medical Services (nearby) ($)
- Meeting Rooms (4)
- Multilingual Staff
- Parking (nearby) ($)
- Physically Challenged Accommodations
- Pool (heated)
- Pool (outdoor)
- Poolside Beverage Service
- Poolside Meal Service
- Restaurants (2)
- Safe Deposit Boxes (front desk)
- Security (24-hour)
- Shoe Shine
- Shops ($)
- Snack Bar
- Tour Desk
- Tours & Excursions $ ($)
- Towels (pool)
- Travel Agency ($)
- Umbrellas (pool)
- Wedding Coordinator
- Wedding Site
($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
Business, Conventions, Wedding, Honeymoon, Romance and Family Friendly.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break is 12 years old.
• Suite Exterior - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Suite Interior - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. Master Suite Exterior - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Master Suite Interior - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
Suite Exterior, The view from the windows is of the ancient streets of Oaxaca's Historic Center. Heavy wooden shutters subdue noise and keep out the light for those who want to sleep late. Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Suite Interior, Attractive, quiet accommodations provide a view of the lovely gardens and inner patios with flowers. Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Camino Real Club Exterior(*), Looking out on the historic streets of Oaxaca. Some units offer a sofa bed as well. Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Master Suite Interior(*), Rooms provide a view of the hotel's gardens and patios, some units with a sofa bed. Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: hairdryer, television (satellite), housekeeping, wake-up calls, internet access (wireless), iron, ironing board, maid service, mini-bar, radio, rollaway beds (not available), room service (24-hour), safe, air conditioning, shower (private), alarm clock, telephone, coffee/tea maker, telephone (international direct dial), crib (on request), television (remote controlled, satellite), data port and voicemail.
Bathrobes 2 per room
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Los Novicias Bar, A romantic area to enjoy a delicious cocktail in the candlelight, accompanied by live music trio or balada. Meal services.
The Refectorio Restaurant, Consists of the following sections:
• Las Bugambilias Bar, Los Cantaros Area and Los Naranjos Arcade. Los Cantaros Area: Surrounded by beautiful gardens, a place full of history and art and religion, a magical place to enjoy the finest traditional and international cuisine. In the morning the breakfast buffet is service in the "Cocina Antigua" (Old Kitchen). Los Naranjos Arcade: One of the most beautiful areas of the hotel, overlooking the garden where lunch or dinner is accompanied by the scent of the orange and the murmur of the fountain serving continental breakfast (American and a la carte), lunch and dinner a la carte.Casual and formal.
General Opening Hours: 7:00am to 11:00pm
• Bottled water
• Welcome Drink
• Formerly Camino Real Oaxaca
Taxes & Service Fees
• Bellman and maid fees are payable directly to the hotel.
Children's Program Mischief Club (Club Travesuras) Includes:
• Daily free recreational activities for children 4-12 years old from 9:00am to 5:00pm
• Daily free lunch, set menu at established restaurant accompanied by "los amigos"
• Free T-shirt and identification upon inscription
• Certificate upon departure
• This program is only available during Christmas, New Year's, Easter, July and August.
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• Cutlery Ocotlan de Morelos
• Monte Alban archelogical zone: 12 miles(19 kms)
• Dominican route (Yanhuitlan, Teposcolula and Coixtlahuaca): 40 miles(65 kms)
• Capulalpan Magic Town: 35 miles(56 kms)
• Hierve el Agua Waterfalls: 40 miles(65 kms)
• Teotitlan textiles: 22 miles(35 kms)
• El Tule Tree - Santa Maria El Tule: 10 kilometers(6 miles)
• Textiles Teotitlan del Valle: 25 miles(40 kms)
• Mitla archelogical zone and Mezcal factory: 25 miles(40 kms)
• Coyotepec black pottery: 15 miles(24 kms)
• San Martin Tilcajete: 28 miles(45 kms)
• Historical Ethno-botanical Garden: .5 miles(1 km)