Distance from hotel to Negril, 2 miles (3 kms). Distance from hotel to Sangster International Airport (MBJ), 60 miles (97 kms).
Samsara is an oceanfront 50-room boutique style hotel located on the spectacular cliffs of Negril, Jamaica set in 5 acres of lush tropical gardens with panoramic views of the sea and the famous sunset right in front of the hotel. This five-acre resort maintains the casual ambience that characterizes Negril, appealing to travelers coming to Jamaica for family-owned-and-operated places such as Samsara for no-hassle relaxation. Vibrantly colored buildings, richly blooming tropical gardens, and panoramic ocean-view terraces on the cliffs fronting the resort continue that enduring appeal. The hotel grounds are very spacious with large sundecks carved into the cliff and easy access to the sea for swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving. Samsara Resort sits atop terraced seaside cliffs. Ladders lead from the lowest cliffs to the sea, where there are reefs for snorkeling and scuba diving directly off shore. The terraces include an elevated tiled sun deck with lounge chairs and shade cabanas. Guests can also swim in a free-form pool. The on-site Chez Maurice restaurant serves all meals, and a poolside bar offers sunset happy hours and live calypso music. The accommodations range from tropical cottages to traditional hotel rooms to unique pillar houses.
Samsara is a full-service hotel with two swimming pools, whirlpool, oceanfront restaurant, poolside bar, massage & spa services, 150 meters of oceanfront sun terrace, PADI scuba center, free Wi-Fi, game room, internet access, safety deposit boxes in lobby, gift shop and tour desk. They offer a free shuttle twice daily and four evenings per week to their sister hotel, Legends Beach resort where guests have exchange privileges at both hotel facilities, including all-inclusive food and beverage exchangeable at both properties!
- Airport Shuttle ($)
- Beach (nearby)
- Breakfast Room
- Business Services ($)
- Car Rental Desk
- Currency Exchange
- Dive Center ($)
- Doctor (on call) ($)
- Floors (2)
- Front Desk
- Game Room
- Gift Shop
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Hospitality Desk
- Massage Services ($)
- Meal Service (poolside)
- Multilingual Staff
- Ping Pong
- Pool (children's)
- Pool (outdoor)
- Rooms (50)
- Safe Deposit Boxes (front desk) ($)
- Security (24-hour)
- Spa Treatments ($)
- Taxi Stand
- Tour Desk
- Tours & Excursions ($)
- Umbrellas (beach)
- Watersports (motorized) ($)
- Watersports (non-motorized) ($)
- Wedding Coordinator
- Wedding Site
Adventure (for active adults), All Inclusive, Alternative Lifestyles (Gay/Lesbian), Beach, Couples, Dive, Wedding, Family Friendly, Golf, Honeymoon, Romance, Spa and Eco-Tourism.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• European Plan (EP) Up to two (2) children under 12 years stay free when sharing a room with their parents based on European Plan (EP) or room-only rates.
All Inclusive (AI) Up to two (2) children sharing a room with their parents pay an additional fee, based on the All Inclusive (AI) rates. Children 3 and under are free, children 4-12 pay an additional children's rate, and children 13 and over pay adults rate.
• Standard Gardenview - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Superior Oceanview - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
Standard Gardenview, (SDG) Located across the street from the seaside in a beautiful tropical garden, these charming rooms are large hexagonal shaped tropical cottages with very high ceilings with ceiling fans and windows all around. They have ceramic tile flooring, private bathroom, direct-dial telephone, cable TV, a king bed or two double beds and a furnished verandah that looks out over the tropical gardens.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds. View: Garden.
Superior Oceanview, (SPO) These are lovely traditional hotel rooms facing the ocean in two-story cheerfully colored buildings.
• Each room is air-conditioned with ceiling fan, tiled flooring, cedar hardwood furnishings, direct-dial telephone, cable TV, private bathroom, and a furnished verandah facing the sea and gardens. The rooms have a range of bedding options including:
• 1 king bed, or 1 twin and 1 double, or 2 doubles.
• View: Ocean.
All accommodations include: rollaway bed (on request), maid service (daily), shower, shower heads (rain style), smoke detector, telephone, television (flat screen), wake-up calls, air conditioning, balcony or patio, ceiling fan, crib, desk, maid service and room service (limited).
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Pool Bar, seaside bar with daily happy hour and cable television for sporting events and news.
General Opening Hours: 10:00am-10:00pm General Opening Days: Daily
Chez Maurice, seaside restaurant serving continental and local cuisine from a la carte menu as well as all-inclusive buffet style.
General Opening Hours: 7:00pm-10:00pm General Opening Days: Daily
Dress Code: Casual.
Ciao Jamaica(*), a la carte restaurant, serving Italian cuisine.
General Opening Hours: 12:00pm-11:00pm General Opening Days: Daily
Dress Code: Casual.
(*) Denotes reservation is required.
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE 2017-2018
Booking Dates: 05/17/2015 - 04/30/2018 Travel Dates: 01/02/2017 - 04/30/2018
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner
• All local brand liquors and drinks (served 10am-10pm)
• Theme nights such as Jamaica Theme Night & Grill Night (themes are subject to change)
• Exchange privileges on All Inclusive Plan at Legends Beach Resort (sister property)
• Use of private sundecks chiseled into the cliff
• Use of cliff lounges and shade tents
• Use of freshwater swimming pool
• Activities such as billiards and ping-pong
• Weekly Entertainment
• Free Wi-Fi
• Shuttle to/from Seven-Mile Beach (with use of chairs, showers, pool & facilities)
Package inclusions are subject to change.
2017-2018 Bonus Features:
• Travel Dates: 01/02/2017 - 04/30/2018
• Chaise lounges
• Welcome Drink
• Complimentary transportation to Legends Beach provided
• Travel Dates: 12/21/2015 - 04/30/2018
• Free Shuttle between Samsara & Legends twice daily
• Free Dinner Shuttle between Samsara & Legends four nights per week
• Exchange Privileges on all-inclusive meals, drinks, and facilities at both hotels Stay at 1 , Play at 2! -10% Discount at Ciao Jamaica & Free transport for Legends guests who dine at Ciao Jamaica
• Prime Ocean front locations within walking distance to duty free shops, watersports, entertainment, 7 mile beach, and Rick's Cafe
• There is a $1.00 Room Tax charged (per room, per night); this tax will be collected locally at check-out.
• An incidental deposit is required at check-in which is a hold on a credit card or cash/traveler's check deposit of $100.00, returnable at check-out (unless incidentals are due).
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• Rick's Cafe: 2 miles(3 kms) 5 minutes by car
• Coral Reef: 5 miles(8 kms) 15 minutes by car
• Mayfield Falls: 45 miles(73 kms) 90 minutes by car
• Kool Runnings Water Park: 5 miles(8 kms) 10 minutes by car
• Black River: 90 miles(145 kms) 3 hours by car
• Dunn's River Falls: 90 miles(145 kms) 2 hours by car
• YS Falls: 60 miles(97 kms) 2 hours by car