Distance from hotel to Negril, 5 miles (8 kms). Distance from hotel to Sangster International Airport (MBJ), 48 miles (77 kms).
Come and delight in luxury, comfort, impeccable service, all standards of the RIU Palace Hotels & Resorts chain in the Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel. Nestled on a wide and seemingly endless white-sand beach, the Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel is the perfect vacation spot on this enchanting island of fun and sun. Incorporating Jamaican character and charisma into everyday life, the resort allows you to enjoy from local flair to specialty fusion gourmet food, and spirited music and dancing the second you step out of your room. Beyond that, Riu Palace Tropical Bay also specializes in turning seaside-wedding dreams into reality, with two garden gazebos that overlook scenic Bloody Bay.
- Accommodations (416)
- Aerobic Classes
- Aerobics (water)
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Bar (swim-up)
- Bars/Lounges (4)
- Beach (onsite)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Boat Rentals ($)
- Car Rental Desk ($)
- Children's Activities
- Children's Playground
- Currency Exchange
- Dive Center ($)
- Doctor (on call) ($)
- Exercise Classes
- Fitness Center
- Gift Shop ($)
- Glass Bottom Boat ($)
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Horseback Riding (nearby) ($)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Medical Services ($)
- Ping Pong
- Pool (children's)
- Pools (outdoor) (3)
- Restaurants (5)
- Safe Deposit Boxes (in room)
- Snack Bar
- Spa ($)
- Tennis Courts (lighted) (2)
- Volleyball (beach)
- Watersports (motorized) ($)
- Watersports (non-motorized)
• Wireless internet is available throughout the entire hotel at an additional charge (beach areas are not included).
• Rates may vary depending on the destination.
• Free: 90 minutes daily wireless connection in the lobby. After that charges will apply. Game Room Game Room with slot machines Spa Tropical Touch Spa: massages and beauty treatments ($) ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• 2016-2017 Effective dates: 12/24/15-12/23/17
• Child rate applies to children 2-12 years old when sharing with parents.
• Children must share room with 2 adults to receive the child rates.
• Children's ages must be specified in the rooming list.
• Additional charges apply for rollaway beds and cribs.
• 2018 Effective dates: 12/24/17-12/23/18
• The 2018 children's policy has not been received yet, please use the 2016-2017 children's policy as a guideline. This information is subject to change.
2017 Junior Suite Garden View - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child.
• Junior Suite Ocean View - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child.
• Junior Suite Ocean Front - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child.
• Suite Ocean View - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
2018 The 2018 maximum occupancies have not been received yet, please use the 2017 maximum occupancies as a guideline. This information is subject to change.
Junior Suite Garden View, (SJSB) Air conditioning, ceiling fan, living room area with sofa or sofa-bed, direct dial phone, regularly replenished mini-bar and liquor dispenser, coffee maker, satellite flat-screen television, electronic in-room safe (laptop size 15"), iron and ironing board. Bathroom equipped with bathtub and shower, double-sink, vanity mirror, hairdryer and amenities kit. Balcony or terrace with garden view.
• Bedding: 2 double beds.
Junior Suite Ocean View, (SJLB) Air conditioning, ceiling fan, living room area with sofa or sofa-bed, direct dial phone, regularly replenished mini-bar and liquor dispenser, coffee maker, satellite flat-screen television, electronic in-room safe (laptop size 15"), iron and ironing board. Bathroom equipped with bathtub and shower, double-sink, vanity mirror, hairdryer and amenities kit. Balcony or terrace with ocean view.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Junior Suite Ocean Front, (SJMB) Air conditioning, ceiling fan, living room area with sofa or sofa-bed, direct dial phone, regularly replenished mini-bar and liquor dispenser, coffee maker, satellite flat-screen television, electronic in-room safe (laptop size 15"), iron and ironing board. Bathroom equipped with bathtub and shower, double-sink, vanity mirror, hairdryer and amenities kit. Balcony or terrace with ocean front.
• Bedding: 1 king bed (on request basis only) or 2 double beds.
Suite Ocean View, (SUMB) Air conditioning, ceiling fan, split-level living room area with sofa, direct dial phone, regularly replenished mini-bar and liquor dispenser, coffee maker, satellite flat-screen television, electronic in-room safe (laptop size 15"), iron and ironing board. Bathroom equipped with whirlpool bathtub, extra shower cabin, double -sink, vanity mirror, hairdryer and amenities kit. Balcony or terrace with ocean view.
• Bedding: 1 king bed (canopy).
All accommodations include: ceiling fan, bathtub, iron, ironing board, liquor dispenser, mini-bar, mirror (shaving), mirror (vanity), room service (24-hour): ($), sinks (double), telephone (direct dial), air conditioning, amenity kit, balcony and hairdryer.
Miscellaneous Amenities Door with peep hole
Safe (in-accommodation, Electronic) laptop size
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Cubano, Lobby bar, open 24 hours.
Reggae, Lounge Bar
The Sun, Swim Up Bar
Bloody Bay, Poolside restaurant/grill and steak house.
Hakuchi, Japanese style restaurant.
Krystal, fusion cuisine. A la carte for dinner.
Negril Restaurant, serving international and local specialties, buffet style and show cooking stations. Breakfast is 7:00am-10:30am and dinner 6:30pm -11:00pm. Shorts allowed for gentlemen, sleeved shirt required. Non-smoking area and terrace.
Rimini, Italian restaurant.
• In the past specialty restaurants required reservations.
• Effective immediately (November 2016) the specialty restaurants no longer require reservations. Guests will now be accommodated on a first-come-first-serve basis within the restaurant(s) normal operating hours.
HONEYMOON PACKAGE 2017
Booking Dates: 07/05/2016 - 12/23/2017 Travel Dates: 12/24/2016 - 12/23/2017
• Surprise welcome gift in their room
• Small bottle of rum
• King bed (subject to availability at time of check-in)
• Late check-out (subject to availability at time of departure)
• Complimentary upgrade to next available room category (subject to availability and upon request)
• Spa credit of $40.00 USD in Ocean Harmony massage for two (50 minute), per adult, per person, per stay.
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE 2016-2017
Booking Dates: 06/03/2015 - 12/23/2017 Travel Dates: 06/03/2015 - 12/23/2016 12/24/2016 - 12/23/2017
• All meals and snacks (see further details below)
• Full American breakfast buffet and live cooking stations, fruits, juices and Cava. Continental breakfast/snacks
• Hot and cold buffet and live cooking stations Pizzas, pasta, salads and assorted desserts Jerk (traditional Jamaican barbecue) station (6 times a week)
• Buffets and live cooking stations Special evenings: themed buffets (three times a week)
• Optional dining (reservations required in advance):
• "Rimini" Italian restaurant (a la carte; buffet starters)
• A la carte:
• "Krystal" Fusion restaurant "Bloody Bay" grill and steakhouse "Hakuchi" Japanese restaurant
• Snacks 24 hours a day
• Unlimited local and imported beverages 24 hours a day Drinks service at pool Access to all bars at Riu Palace Tropical Bay and Riu Negril Regularly restocked mini-bar and liquor dispenser
• Room service 24 hours a day
• Use of in-room safe
• Sports and activities:
• Gym, table tennis, workout, volleyball, sauna, whirlpool bath, 2 floodlit hard surface tennis courts, windsurfing, sailing, snorkelling equipment, kayaking, body boarding and one introductory scuba diving lesson in the pool
• Daytime entertainment program for adults (daily) Daytime entertainment program for children ages 4 to 12 (daily) Shows, Riu evening program or live music (daily)
• Complimentary entrance and drinks to "Pacha" night club at the hotel Riu Negril (six nights a week)
• Formal dress is required for dinner (main restaurant:
• gentlemen no sleeveless T-shirts. Theme restaurants:
• gentlemen no sleeveless T-shirts, long trousers.
• All hotel guests are required to wear an "all inclusive" wristband for identification purposes.
• For additional lunch and snack options, a free choice from a selection of restaurants at Riu Negril
Not Included (at an additional cost):
• Other sports and facilities nearby including assorted water sports and golf course.
Package inclusions are subject to change.
2016-2017 Bonus Features:
• Travel Dates: 12/24/2015 - 12/23/2017
• Daily activities
• Bottled water
• Watersports (Non-Motorized)
• Welcome Drink
• Use of Tennis Courts
• Honeymooners: Will receive a fruit basket and a surprise gift in their room upon arrival. Marriage certificate will be requested.
• Special golf rates at nearby golf courses. Please see the information listed below.
• Use of Fitness Center, Sauna and Jacuzzi
• Lounge chairs, towels, cabins, showers and umbrellas by the pool
RIU Resorts Jamaica - Exchange Privileges
• Full exchange privileges with RIU Negril Resort, includes services and facilities with the exception of dinners.
• Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa and Diners
• Located on Bloody Bay Beach on the same beach as ClubHotel Riu Negril (walking distance).
• Kids program: includes pool and beach games, arts and crafts and talent shows.
• Live music
• Variety shows
• Riu theme shows
RIU Resorts Jamaica - Spring Break Policy:
• During the months of March & April, at least one person must be 21 years of age or older in every room.
• During these months, the hotel reserves the right not to admit any room in which all guests are younger than 21. This situation can have serious repercussions and should be avoided at any cost. Please advise the travel agencies accordingly.
Minimum Age Requirements:
• Year-round (except March-April) at least one person in each room must be 18 years or older in order to check in.
• During the months of March-April at least one person in each room must be 21 years or older in order to check in.
• No student groups under 21 years old or Spring Breakers are accepted year round.
• There must be a minimum of one person 21 years or older to check-in to any RIU Resort.