Distance from hotel to Barajas Airport, 6.84 miles (11 kms).
The Intercontinental Madrid is located in the Paseo de la Castellana at the heart of the center of Madrid and close by the sophisticated Salamanca neighborhood and in the heart of the financial and diplomatic pulse. It has very good access to the Prado Museum and the historical city center.
The hotel offers spacious guest rooms and suites, all smartly furnished and fully-equipped with modern day comforts in a decor of individual personality. The majority of rooms boast king or queen-size beds. All rooms have high speed internet and wireless internet in public areas. There is also a Business center and Fitness center available 24 hours.
- Accommodations for Physically Challenged Guests
- Air Conditioning (public areas)
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Business Center (self service)
- Cell Phone Rentals ($)
- Computer Rentals ($)
- Copying Services ($)
- Courier ($)
- Currency Exchange
- Dry Cleaning Services ($)
- Fax Service ($)
- Fitness Center (24-hour)
- Fitness Center (nearby) ($)
- Gift Shop
- Internet Access (high-speed) ($)
- Laundry Services ($)
- Limousine Services ($)
- Maid Service
- Pets (allowed, guide dogs only)
- Printer Service ($)
- Rooms (302)
- Secretarial Services ($)
- Shoe Shine Services ($)
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break varies and is subject to change.
Maximum occupancy varies by accommodation and is subject to change.
Deluxe Room, Deluxe rooms offer maximum functionality in an elegant style. In this category there are various types of beds to suit your needs. It measures approximately 26 square meters. Accommodation amenities include: bathtub, chair (arm), connecting rooms, desk (writing), hairdryer, iron, mini-bar, pillow menu, room service, safe (in accommodation), slippers, television (plasma), temperature control (individual), toiletries and bathrobe.
Deluxe Room Triple(*), This is an elegant, contemporary classic and functional room with a spacious working desk. The bath- room is decorated with marble and disposes of a bathtub with shower, telephone line, separated toilet and bidet, professional hairdryer, bathrobe, scale and audio system.
Executive Room, Elegant and comfortable room incorporating coffee and tea maker, high speed and wi-fi internet, supplement pay tv, voicemail, shower and bath, iron and iron board, seating and working area, minibar, armchair, individual air conditioning and heating system.
Executive Room Triple(*), Elegant and comfortable room incorporating coffee and tea maker, high speed and wi-fi internet, supplement pay tv, voicemail, shower and bath, iron and iron board, seating and working area, minibar, armchair, individual air conditioning and heating system.
Club Room, These rooms offer high class accommodation with access to the exclusive Inter Continental Club and all its special services. There are various types of beds to suit your needs. See availability of our rooms overlooking the Castellana, the hotel's garden, terrace or joined rooms. It measures approximately 33 square meters.
• Accommodation amenities include: connecting rooms, hairdryer, iron, mini-bar, room service, safe, television (plasma), temperature control (individual), toiletries, chair (arm) and desk.
Club Room Triple(*), Elegant, contemporary classic, functional with spacious working desk. Special in-room features and amenities, like in-room coffee and tea set and sofa area.
• Club Rooms are larger than the Superior rooms and include free access to the exclusive Club Intercontinental Lounge.
• Club InterContinental -99 guestrooms that are complemented by an elegant Club Lounge, an exclusive lounge which offers complimentary internet (ADSL or Wi-fi) during the whole stay. Breakfast buffet in the Executive Club Lounge is available from 7:00am until 11:00pm, snacks and soft drinks available until 10:30pm. Private check-in and out, meeting room available: 2 hours free of charge per stay with an advanced request and subject to hotel availability, and comprehensive selection of national and international newspapers free of charge, late check-out on request, personalized welcome:
• fruit and water in room upon arrival, evening cocktails with cava (Spanish sparkling wine), wine, beer, soft drinks and canapes from 6:00pm until 8:00pm, concierge and business center services, 1 guest per day free of charge after 11:00am. DVD's and book selections available, pillow menu and Internet corner available in the Club Lounge.
• Club Room Includes:
• Business center
• Cocktail hour, complimentary daily
• Dinner snacks, complimentary
• Drinks, complimentary
• Free morning newspaper delivered to room
• Lunch snacks, complimentary
• Separate check-in area
• Turn down service
• Valet service
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: movies (pay-per-view): ($), mini-bar, air conditioning (individually controlled), sound system, bathrobe, telephone (with voicemail), bathroom (private), television (cable, satellite), bathtub, video check-out, bidet, video games, coffee/tea maker, , cot (on request), windows (open), desk, hairdryer, internet access (high speed), iron, ironing board, lamp and safe deposit box.
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Bar 49, At Bar 49, named after the street number where it is located, you will find an elegant atmosphere, cocktails, national wines and tapas. We recommend you try our "calamari sandwich", a new version of a classic dish.
General Opening Hours: 7:00am-1:45am General Opening Days: Daily
El Cafe, is a casually-elegant and friendly place where the food is always good. The international and Mediterranean menu features lunchtime specialities such as Spanish tapas. In the evening, your choices include Paella and grilled Spanish meats served to the sounds of live piano and harp music. Located in the hotel on the main lobby.
El Jardin Del Intercontinental, captures the spirit of Madrid in an intimate courtyard setting. The Chef prepares international and Mediterranean specialties such as Homemade Lentil Stew, Marmitako, and Cocido Madrileno, considered a national dish of Spain, followed by delectable desserts including Apple Compote and Caramel of Red Wine from Madrid. Live music and al fresco dining on the terrace are special night-time treats during the summer months.
• Rates are inclusive of buffet breakfast.
• Passengers are responsible for paying the Madrid city tax, which will be added to the guests final bill and will be payable to the hotel upon check-out. The tax is charged per person, per day.
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• Reina Sofia
• Madrid of the Austrias
• Serrano Shopping Street
• The Prado Museum
• Santiago Bernabeu
• Flea Market El Rastro
• Santa Ana Square
• Thyssen Museum
• Plaza Mayor
• The Royal Palace