Even before you are welcomed to the Royal Kona Resort by the gracious staff you will be embraced by a swirl of salt air - ha, in Hawaiian, the life-breath of the islands. You will see it ruffling the fronds of the palm trees that fringe the 12 manicured acres, tossing the waves against the stark black lava rocks at the property's feet, marching columns of clouds across the uninterrupted expanse of sky. The air here presents you with the perfume of tropical flowers. It is a reminder that you are on the Big Island of Hawaii, a reminder to breathe, to exhale, and completely relax.
This is the setting of the Royal Kona Resort. E Komo Mai. Welcome.
- Activities Desk
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Barber/Beauty Shop ($)
- Currency Exchange
- Fishing ($)
- Health Spa
- Internet Access (Wi-Fi)
- Laundry Facilities (coin-operated) ($)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Parking ($)
- Pool (children's)
- Pool (freshwater)
- Porter Services ($)
- Tennis Pro Shop
- Tour Desk
• Salt water lagoon
• Shopping arcade
• Whale watching (in season)
• Dinner Cruises Spa Lotus Center: Full and half day spa packages, body treatments including reflexology and massage, body polishes, wraps and facials are just a few of the many options available. It features a full schedule of self improvement courses, chiropractic care, yoga and exercise classes. ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
• Check-in-time: 4:00 pm Check-out-time: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break is 17 years old.
2018-2019 Aloha Standard View - 4 guests.
• Aloha Ocean View - 4 guests.
• Standard - 4 guests.
• Partial Ocean View - 4 guests.
• Ocean View - 4 guests.
• Ocean Front - 4 guests.
• Oceanfront Corner King - 4 guests.
2019-2020 Aloha Standard View - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Aloha Ocean View - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Standard - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Partial Ocean View - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Ocean View - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Ocean Front - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Oceanfront Corner King - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Ocean View Kailua Bay Junior Suite - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Royal Ocean Junior Suite - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• 2 Bedroom Ocean View Kailua Bay Jr Suite - 8 adults or 6 adults and 2 children.
Aloha Standard View, (AS7) Located on the back side of the Alii, Bay and Lagoon Towers, our Standard rooms offer views of the Aloha Standard View tropical grounds or the West Hawaii Mountains.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Partial Ocean View, This room category is located in all 3 buildings with a balcony or patio.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds. View: Partial Ocean.
Aloha Ocean View, (AHV) Located in the Alii, Bay and Lagoon Towers, the Aloha Oceanview rooms offer views of the ocean from inside the guestroom.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Standard, (STD) Located on the back side of the Alii, Bay and Lagoon Towers, our Standard rooms offer views of the tropical grounds or the West Hawaii Mountains.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Ocean View, (OCV) This category is located in all 3 buildings with a balcony or patio.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds. View: Ocean.
Ocean Front, This category is located in all 3 buildings with balcony or patio.
• Bedding: 2 double beds. View: Oceanfront.
Oceanfront Corner King, (ZOC) The Corner King rooms offer full panoramic oceanviews and are located on the front corners of all three buildings. Rooms feature private wrap around lanai with glass sliding doors on the front and one side of the room.
• Bedding: 1 king bed.
4/21/2019 Ocean View Kailua Bay Junior Suite, Ocean View Kailua Bay Junior Suite Enjoy spectacular ocean views from your private lanai, the parlor with sofa sleeper and open concept bedroom with 1 king bed. All Kailua Bay Junior Suites are located in the Ali'i Tower.
4/21/2019 Royal Ocean Junior Suite, Full panoramic ocean views are yours from a private, wraparound lanai, the parlor with sofa and an open-concept bedroom with 1 king bed. Royal Suites are located in each tower.
4/21/2019 Two Bedroom Ocean View Kailua Bay Junior Suite, TBA
All accommodations include: iron, internet access (high speed, wireless), lanai (private), maid service (daily), mini refrigerator, movies (in accommodation), radio, rollaway bed (on request): ($), safe (in accommodation): ($), telephone, air conditioning, television (cable), alarm clock, bathtub/shower combination, crib (on request), hairdryer, ironing board and coffee maker.
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Don's Mai Tai Bar, The largest open-air, oceanfront bar in Kailua-Kona offers over 10 types of Mai Tais, 16 draft beers including local handcrafted micro brews and international favorites, a variety of Hawaiian specialty drinks including unique rum concoctions from Don's private notebook of recipes and complete cocktail service in Kona's most spectacular location. With 180 views of the Pacific Ocean and Kailua Bay, the bar features HD televisions broadcasting current sporting events and every Thursday enjoy live music from the Legends of Hawaiian Music concert series.
General Opening Days: Lunch is served daily.
Don's Breezeway Lounge, Relax at the casually elegant breezeway lounge offering inviting, comfortable sofas and arm chairs. Each seat has been positioned to provide full ocean views, perfect for watching exciting ocean activities during the day and dazzling sunsets each night while savoring your favorite tropical beverage from the bar.
Voyagers Of The Pacific Luau, The sky a brilliant furnace of color. The muted pounding of the waves. Deep-voiced drums thundering out a Polynesian rhythm. The sweet, smoky scent of succulent roast pig, traditionally prepared in an Imu (an underground oven). This is the Royal Kona Resort's Voyagers of the Pacific Luau, a feast of tropical delicacies, song and dance celebrating the legends and lore of Polynesia. The Luau is an evening not to be missed. A feast for all the senses, this truly is paradise.
Don The Beachcomber, Impressively set right on the water's edge with stunning ocean and sunset views from every seat, diners will enjoy the Polynesian retro-tiki chic atmosphere at Don the Beachcomber.
• Flavorful award-winning cuisine, legendary cocktails and a friendly and courteous staff enhance your dining experience. Open daily for breakfast. Dinner hours and days of week vary seasonally.
General Opening Days: Serving breakfast and dinner daily.
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Self Parking Fee
• There is a daily self parking fee payable by guest at the hotel.
No Smoking Policy
• The Royal Lahaina Resort in compliance with Hawaii State Law is a 100% non-smoking hotel. A cleaning fee will be charged to those who violate this policy. Smoking is permitted outside of the Resort at least 20 feet away from all entrances and doorways.
Royal Kona Resort Luau
• Royal Kona Resort Luau, the Luau's oceanfront setting highlights the energy and appeal of this Polynesian show. Enjoy an evening of feasting on island cuisine while experiencing music and dances that take guests on a journey through the South Pacific's legends and lore at the Royal Kona Resort in historic Kailua-Kona.
• Presented by Tihati Productions, the Royal Kona Resorts Luau show, Lava, Legends & Legacies Journeys of the South Pacific is held every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday in the Resorts Luau Gardens.
• Porterage fees are at the discretion of the guests and are payable directly to the hotel.
• Porterage fees for groups are round trip, per person, tax inclusive, payable to the hotel.