• Cruise along the picturesque Lake Pichola
• Take an exciting auto-rickshaw ride through Jodhpur
• Enjoy a thrilling jeep ride at Amer Fort
• Canter Safari excursions in Ranthmabore/Keoladeo National Park
• Watch the majestic Taj Mahal change color at sunrise
• Witness the beautiful Puja ceremony
• Cruise along the legendary River Ganges
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
ESSENCE OF INDIA ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2017 19 Days/18 Nights
• Days 1-2: Fly To Delhi Depart on your overnight flight from the U.S. to India. Upon arrival in Delhi, be welcomed by your guide and transferred to your hotel.
• Day 3: Delhi Tour the city of Delhi, starting with a drive past the Red Fort, followed by a walk through Chandni Chowk Bazaar. Go to India's largest mosque, Jama Masjid, and the Lakshmi Narayan Hindu Temple. After lunch, view India Gate and visit Gandhi Smriti and Qutub Minar. This evening, dine at the Olive Bar & Kitchen, situated in an ancient Mughal mansion. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 4: Delhi To Udaipur Fly to Udaipur, a city of lakes, palaces, and temples. The afternoon is free at your leisure to relax or enjoy the facilities at your deluxe hotel. (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 5: Udaipur This morning, drive around Fateh Sagar Lake and visit the Folk Museum, Mewar Art Gallery, and Sahelion Ki Bari. Tour the City Palace and enjoy a relaxing cruise on Lake Pichola.
• This evening's meal is on the Sunset Terrace at the Fateh Prakash Palace, with perfect views across Lake Pichola.
• (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 6: Udaipur To Jodhpur This morning, travel to Jodhpur, also known as the Blue City.
• Stop en route at Ranakpur, built in the 15th century, and the largest temple complex of the Jain religion in India.
• (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 7: Jodhpur Tour the city, beginning with the Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada, and the museum located in the Umaid Bhawan Palace. Enjoy an auto rickshaw ride followed by a leisurely stroll through the Subzi Mandi local market. Later, travel out to the Hanwant Mahal, a former royal residence, for an unforgettable dining experience. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 8: Jodhpur To Japiur Drive to Jaipur and enjoy shopping at a local bazaar located inside the walled city. (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 9: Jaipur Stop briefly at Hawa Mahal, Palace of the Winds, before continuing to Amer Fort, where Jeeps will take you to the entrance. After lunch, visit the City Palace and Jantar Mantar. This evening, return to the Amer Fort and dine at the 1135 ad restaurant, located inside the highest ramparts of the fort. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Days 10-12: Jaipur To Agra January to May - via Ranthambore Travel to Ranthambore National Park, one of the prime examples of Project Tiger's conservation efforts in Rajasthan.
• Explore the incredible wildlife and surrounding forest for the next two days on canter safari excursions. On the third day, board a train to Bharatpur. Upon arrival, have lunch and visit Fatehpur Sikri. Later that evening, enjoy the Mohabbat the Taj show at Kalakirti. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included) September to December - via Bharatpur On departures September to December, the alternative itinerary offers two nights in Bharatpur with a day trip to Keoladeo National Park before arriving in Agra. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
• Day 13: Agra View the Taj Mahal in all its glory as the sun is rising.
• Later, visit Agra Fort and Sadar Bazaar. (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 14: Agra To Khajuraho Rise early and board the Shatabdi Express train to Jhansi.
• Continue by road to Khajuraho, stopping in the medieval city of Orchha and later, enjoy a cultural dance performance.
• (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 15: Khajuraho To Varanasi Commence your tour of the western group of Khajuraho temples and later, fly to Varanasi. Enjoy a rickshaw ride to the ghats of the River Ganges and witness the Puja ceremony. (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 16: Varanasi Enjoy an early morning boat ride along the River Ganges followed by a city tour of Varanasi. Drive to Sarnath and its Buddhist sites. (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
• Day 17: Varanasi To Delhi Fly to Delhi and enjoy the day at leisure in this dynamic city. (Breakfast Included)
• Day 18: Depart Delhi Transfer to the Delhi airport for your flight back to the U.S. (Breakfast Included)
Package Minimum Stay: 18 Nights
• Meals Included:
• (15) Breakfast, (13) Lunch, (6) Dinner
Premier Collection Highlights:
• Luxury Accommodations Delhi Kempinski Ambience Udaipur Sheraton Hotel Jodhpur Raas Hotel Ranthambore Khem Villas Agra Radisson Blue Khajuraho Radisson Hotel Varanasi The Gateway Delhi Grand Hotel
• Gourmet Dinners Conde Nast Traveler-winner Olive Bar & Kitchen in Delhi Views at the Sunset Terrace overlooking Lake Pichola in Udaipur Dine at the former royal residence Hanwant Mahal in Jodhpur A royal meal at the 1135 ad at Amer Fort in Jaipur
*Rates Are Per Person, Based On Double Occupancy And Include:
• Visa services & fees for U.S. and Canadian passport-holders only
• Roundtrip international airfare (prices based on travel to/ from JFK International Airport in New York)
• Group airport transfers
• Domestic ground transportation (within India)
• Premier accommodations and taxes
• Gourmet meals as indicated
• Sightseeing and entrance fees with English-speaking guide
• National Escort throughout with local insider guides at each destination
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• For your convenience, the tour company implements a one-time tipping protocol of $134.00 per person on this tour to be paid locally.