• View the majestic Taj Mahal change color at sunrise
• Enjoy a thrilling jeep ride at Amer Fort
• Watch a legendary Bollywood performance
- Tour Guides
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
GLIMPSES OF INDIA ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2017 9 Days/8 Nights
• Day 1: Depart the U.S.
• Depart on your overnight flight from the U.S. to India.
• Day 2: Arrive Delhi Upon arrival in Delhi, we are welcomed by our guide and transferred to our hotel.
• Day 3: Delhi Today's sightseeing starts in Old Delhi, where we view the exterior of the Red Fort and stroll the lively Chandni Chowk Bazaar. Explore Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque which was built by Shah Jahan and can hold up to 25,000 devotees. Visit Lakshmi Narayan Hindu Temple and India Gate before continuing to Humayun's Tomb and Connaught Markets for some shopping. This evening, dine at the Olive Bar and Kitchen, situated in an ancient Mughal mansion. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
• Day 4: Delhi to Agra Leave Delhi and visit Sikandra to see the marble and red sandstone tomb of Emperor Akbar, also known as Akbar the Great. Sikandra, created in the Mughal architectural style, was built in 1605 and is constructed from deep red sandstone enhanced with white marble features.
• Afterwards, continue to Agra, home to the UNESCO World Heritage sites of the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri. Breakfast and lunch included.
• Day 5: Agra Rise early this morning to witness the impressive Taj Mahal change color as the sun rises. The Taj Mahal was built by Emperor Shah Jahan in the memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal, whose name meant Chosen One of the Palace. Afterwards, visit the UNESCO World Heritage listed Agra Fort. Completed in 1573, the fort was constructed by more than 14,000 builders over eight years. Dinner this evening is at the Dawat-e-Nawab restaurant at the Radisson Blu Hotel Taj East Gate Road.
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
• Day 6: Agra to Jaipur This morning drive to Jaipur, stopping en route to visit the ghost city of Fatehpur Sikri. Continue to Abhaneri Village to see the Chand Baori stepwell, an ancient wonder over 1,000 years old. The visually outstanding stepwell was originally dedicated to Harshat Mata, Goddess of Joy and Happiness. Afterwards continue to Jaipur, known as the Pink City. Breakfast and lunch included.
• Day 7: Jaipur Stop briefly at Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds) before continuing to the formidable Amer Fort, where jeeps will take us to the entrance. Visit the City Palace, Jantar Mantar Observatory and the local bazaar in Choti Choper. Return to the Amer Fort and dine at the 1135 AD restaurant, located inside the highest ramparts of the fort. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
• Day 8: Jaipur to Gurgaon Leave Jaipur, spending a night in Gurgaon, an emerging city outside Delhi. Tonight we will experience the Kingdom of Dreams, a live entertainment destination that showcases Indian culture, including many different food outlets, folk dancing performances, Indian craft and souvenirs, palm reading and tea tasting. Here we will watch a magical Bollywood performance. Dinner this evening will be at the Kingdom of Dreams. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
• Day 9: Depart Delhi Transfer to Delhi Airport for your flight back to the US.
• Breakfast included.
Package Minimum Stay: 8 Nights
• Premier Collection Highlights
• Luxury Accommodations: Delhi Kempinski Ambience, Agra Radisson Blu, Jaipur Marriott Hotel, Gurgaon Courtyard by Marriott
• Gourmet Dinners: Conde Nast winner Olive Bar & Kitchen in Delhi, One-of-a-kind Dawat-E-Nawaab in Agra, A royal meal at the 1135 AD at Amer Fort in Jaipur
• Dining and entertainment at the Kingdom of Dreams in Gurgaon
*Rates are per person, based on double occupancy and include:
• Visa services & fees for U.S. and Canadian passport-holders only
• Roundtrip international airfare (prices based on travel to/from JFK International Airport in New York)
• Group airport transfers
• Domestic ground transportation (within India)
• Premier accommodations and taxes | Gourmet meals as indicated
• Sightseeing and entrance fees with English-speaking guide
• National Escort throughout with local insider guides at each destination
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• For your convenience, we implement a one-time tipping protocol of $65.00 per person on this tour to be paid locally.