Distance from hotel to Cancun International Airport (CUN), 13.1 miles (21 kms). Distance from Hotel to Convention Center, 2.5 miles (4 kms). Distance from hotel to downtown Cancun, 2.5 miles (4 kms).
The impressive Riu Caribe, with its Mayan style architecture overlooking the crystal blue waters of the Mexican Caribbean, is a perfect site for a fantastic holidays. Riu Caribe features 506 luxurious oceanview guestrooms with unique RIU amenities such as a minibar and liquor dispenser. There is a wide array of restaurants, bars and facilities to enjoy, including 24 hour All Inclusive (snacks and beverages), as well as a fun and relaxing atmosphere created by the swimming pools and spectacular beach. This warm and charming resort ensures memorable holidays to suit all tastes!
- Bar (pool)
- Bar (swim-up)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Children's Club
- Children's Playground
- Computer Rentals ($)
- Conference Rooms
- Entertainment (nightly)
- Game Room ($)
- Gift Shop
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Lobby Bar
- Paddle Ball Courts
- Ping Pong
- Scuba Diving
- Scuba Diving (lessons)
- Spa ($)
- Steam Bath
- Tennis Courts (lighted) (2)
- Theater (open air)
• Body Boarding
• Live music
• Complimentary sun loungers, towels and parasols at pool areas Atm
• ATM available in the hotel to withdraw Mexican Pesos (No US Dollar exchange at the hotel) Internet Access (wireless)
• WiFi is available in the common areas of the hotel (24 hours a day) free of charge.
• WiFi is available in the guest rooms for a fee ($). Sun Beds
• Complimentary sun loungers at the beach Pools: (3)
• One pool with a children's section. ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
• Check-in-time: 4:00 pm Check-out-time: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break is 12 years old.
2018 Double Room Oceanview - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child.
• Double Room Oceanview Connecting* - 6 adults or 4 adults and 4 children or 6 adults and 2 child.
• Double Room Oceanview Handicapped - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child. Junior Suite Oceanview - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 2 child.
• Junior Suite Ocean View Connecting* - 6 adults or 4 adults and 4 childrenn5 or 6 adults and 2 child.
• Junior Suite Oceanfront - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 2 child.
*This category requires a minimum occupancy of 2 adults.
Double Room Ocean View, (VDO) Air conditioning, ceiling fan, 2 double beds or 1 king size bed, direct dial phone, regularly replenished mini-bar and liquor dispenser, satellite flat screen TV, in-room electronic safe (lap top size), iron and ironing board. Bathroom equipped with shower cabin, hairdryer and amenities kit. Balcony with ocean view.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds. Accommodation amenities include: balcony or terrace.
Double Room Oceanview Connecting, Connecting rooms are two rooms, being sold as one unit. Please review the description for the Double Room Oceanview.
Double Room Oceanview Handicapped(*), TBA
Junior Suite Ocean View, (JUO) Air conditioning, ceiling fan, direct dial phone, regularly replenished minibar and liquor dispenser, satellite flat screen TV, in-room electronic safe (laptop size), iron and ironing board. Bathroom equipped with shower cabin, hairdryer and amenities kit. Balcony with ocean view.
• Number of accommodations: 14 Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds. View: Ocean.
Junior Suite Ocean View Connecting, Connecting rooms are two rooms, being sold as one unit. Please review the description for the Junior Suite Ocean View.
Junior Suite Oceanfront, Air conditioning, ceiling fan, direct dial phone, regularly replenished minibar and liquor dispenser, satellite flat screen TV, in-room electronic safe (laptop size), iron and ironing board. Bathroom equipped with with shower cabin, hairdryer and amenities kit. Larger balcony or terrace with ocean front view.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: air conditioning, connecting rooms (available on request), mini-bar, television (satellite), alarm clock radio, telephone, 110 volt outlets, safe (in accommodation), ceiling fan, liquor dispenser and hairdryer.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Calypso, Lounge bar
Frida, lobby bar with terrace
Poolside Bar, Swim-up bar. Outdoor theater with bar.
Albatros, Main restaurant, offering buffet style dining and on the spot cooking stations. Non-smoking section available. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Gaviotas, Grill restaurant - snacks
General Opening Hours: 7:00am - 6:30pm
Gaviotas Italian Restaurant, Pool restaurant/snack bar, serving dinner.
General Opening Hours: 7:00pm - 11:00pm
Maria Margarita Cuisine: Mexican.
General Opening Hours: 8:00pm - 11:00pm
Dress Code: Casual.
Pizzeria General Opening Hours: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Shangri-la Asian Restaurant, Dinner buffet. Reservations required.
Sports Bar General Opening Hours: 24 Hours General Opening Days: Open daily
• Reservations are no longer required for specialty restaurants at Riu Hotels. They will operate on a first come, first serve basis, within normal operating hours.
ALL INCLUSIVE 2017-2018
Booking Dates: 07/17/2017 - 12/23/2018 Travel Dates: 07/17/2017 - 12/23/2018
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Snacks available 24 hours a day (after hours: Sports bar)
• Unlimited reservation free dining (theme restaurants on a first come, first serve basis, within customary operating hours)
• Local and international beverages available 24 hours
• Regularly restocked minibar and liquor dispenser
• Beach volleyball, 2 tennis courts
• Catamaran, kayaking, bodyboarding, snorkeling equipment
• One introductory scuba diving lesson in the pool
• Daytime entertainment program for adults (daily) includes fitness programs
• Daytime entertainment program for children age 4 to 12 at RiuLand (daily)
• Live music, shows or RIU evening program (daily)
• Complimentary access to Pacha Discotheque at Riu Cancun open 6 nights a week), drinks included
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• Use of Sauna
• Use of Fitness Center
• Steam bath
Honeymooners Travel Dates: 01/01/2017 - 12/23/2018
• Honeymooners will receive a surprise gift in their room upon arrival.
• Marriage certificate required. Must be issued within the past 90 days.
Family Interactive (CONTINUED) During the course of these sessions participants do engage in various games, activities and competitions, all designed to bring families together in a spirit of togetherness and mutual appreciation of one another. These "games" stimulate creativity, physicality and intellectually challenge participants and are conducted in a competitive yet relationship building environment. Over the course of these sessions we continuously attempt to strengthen the bonds of family unity, open up clear channels of communications between all family members and ultimately help develop ways in which all family members can live with one another in an improved harmony. Sessions conclude with a variety of question and answer dialogues between parents and child designed to elicit open and honest responses and establish some building blocks for a better communication that hopefully will be taken home with themselves.
Spring Breaker Policy:
• Definition of Spring Breaker/Spring Breaker Group:
• High School through College aged individuals who vacation in traditional or FIT Groups to celebrate their Spring Break. In North America this can be any time from late February through mid-May.
• Any group or individual arriving on RIU Hotels & Resorts property with the characteristics as described in the above definition will not be admitted on property, with no refund.
• Please be advised that Riu Hotels and Resorts will use any and all means at their disposal to identify and cancel suspected Spring Breaker Groups. Partners should abstain from quoting Riu properties for FIT or traditional groups which they suspect may be youths traveling together for said purposes.
• Spring Breakers (either groups or individuals) are not allowed at any RIU property at any time during the year.
• RIU Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to withhold admission to any Spring Breaker arriving on property.
Family Interactive The program is designed for families with children between the ages of 4-13. The program includes 2 full day sessions offered 3 times a week and the fee entitles you to participate in any, or all, of the sessions which will take place; Friday/ Saturday, Tuesday/Wednesday and Sunday/Monday running from 10am-6pm any day of the week. This schedule permits an opportunity to participate for all guests arriving any day of the week.
A hotel executive will introduce each 2 day session and attempt to motivate participants and generate the enthusiasm and commitment conducive to maximizing the benefits to be derived from the program. Parents and children will undergo this process together and separately - children under the supervision of our own Oki Kids Club personnel - and the full scope and objective of the program will be explained. We will sensitize parents to the importance of establishing a qualitative and interactive relationship with their children and provide methods to further this goal. Children are encouraged to develop the same skills but from a perspective consistent with their age - highlighting the value of interacting through a series of "play" activities undertaken with their parents.
• RiuLand kids' club and children's playground
• This hotel has exchange privileges with Riu Cancun.
Credit Cards Accepted:
• MasterCard and Visa
Minimum Age Requirements:
• At least one person 21 years or older is required in every room during the months of February through May.
• During the remainder of the year, at least one person 18 years or older is required in every room.
• The Hotel reserves the right of admission and may request a guest present his/her passport or official ID as proof of age.
• Guests can and will be removed from the property, at their own expense, if any disturbance or complaint from other guests or hotel staff arises.
• Parties in rooms are not permitted.
• Unruly behavior by individuals or groups is not allowed at any property at any time during the year.