Distance from hotel to town, 10 minutes. Distance from hotel to Cancun International Airport (CUN), 45 minutes.
Nestled along the edge of the exotic Mayan jungle, Banyan Tree Mayakoba flawlessly blends luxury, nature and serenity in exquisite harmony. A truly one-of-a-kind destination that takes Caribbean lifestyle to unprecedented new heights. Mayakoba-meaning village over the water in Maya-is an extraordinary blend of Mexican culture and Asian hospitality. A breathtaking sanctuary for the senses and the perfect getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world- class dining.
117 elegantly designed private and tranquil villas. Each immersed in nature and featuring expansive living areas, plush furnishings, your own private pool and so much more. An intimate oasis surrounded by picturesque lagoons, lush mangroves, golf course and brilliant sugar sand beaches. Perfect for romantic getaways, family trips and groups of friends, Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers a variety of incredible private villas, from secluded Garden Villas to 3-Bedroom Beachfront Villas. All feature spacious and airy outdoor areas, private pools and unique layouts. Inspired by the courtyard houses of the Far East, each villa is discreetly built into the thoughtfully conserved landscape. A harmonious mixture of Mexican culture with subtle Asian finishes, no detail is overlooked.
Every guest is special. Whatever your desires, we make them possible. From romantic dinners and private spa sessions in your own villa to excursions to archeological sites and nearby national parks. Banyan Tree Mayakoba is devoted to serenity, reflection and luxury in a lush, natural setting. A magical place where you will experience the genuine Asian sense of well-being for body, mind and soul. Here, like nowhere else, will you experience a genuine sanctuary for the senses. The first Banyan Tree property in the Americas, Banyan Tree Mayakoba sets the benchmark for a soothing luxury holiday in the Riviera Maya. A premier destination just 40 minutes south of Cancun and 10 minutes north of lively Playa del Carmen. Banyan Tree Mayakoba is committed to creating a positive impact for our surrounding environment and our guests. We strive to care for our planet and operate under the simple premise of "Embracing the environment and empowering the people."
- Accommodations (117)
- Accommodations for Physically Challenged Guests
- Aerobic Classes
- Aerobics (aqua)
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Banquet Room
- Bar (swim-up)
- Beach (onsite)
- Beauty Salon
- Boat Rentals
- Breakfast Room
- Business Center
- Business Services
- Car Rental Desk
- Children's Activities
- Conference Rooms
- Cooking (classes)
- Currency Exchange
- Doctor (on call)
- Dry Cleaning
- Exercise Classes
- Fitness Center
- Float Mats
- Front Desk
- Gift Shop
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Internet Access
- Internet Access (wireless)
- Juice Bar ($)
- Laundry Service
- Multilingual Staff
- Parking (valet)
- Pool (heated)
- Pool (outdoor)
- Poolside Beverage Service
- Poolside Meal Service
- Safe Deposit Boxes (front desk)
- Secretarial Services ($)
- Security (24-hour)
- Shoe Shine
- Snack Bar
- Tennis Instructor ($)
- Tour Desk
- Tours & Excursions $ ($)
- Towels (beach)
- Towels (pool)
- Travel Agency ($)
- Umbrellas (beach)
- Umbrellas (pool)
- Volleyball (beach)
- Watersports (motorized)
- Watersports (non-motorized)
- Wedding Coordinator
- Wedding Site
• Fourteen indoor and outdoor function spaces, combining nature and the serene atmosphere of Mayakoba
• Four Meeting Rooms
• Maximum capacity of 350 people Activities Other activities available at the resort include: Kayak, tennis, racquetball, bicycle and jogging track, ecological boat tours, bird watching and snorkeling. *Some of these activities may be at an additional cost to guests. Bicycle Rentals Two complementary bicycles per villa, per stay. ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
Romance, Spa, Wedding, Honeymoon, Eco-Tourism, Family Friendly, Golf and Beach.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break 12 years old.
2018 Bliss Pool Villa - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child. Serenity Pool Villa with Living Room - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child. Spa Pool Villa with Massage Porch - 2 adults. Three Bedroom Family Residence - 6 adults or 4 adults and 2 children. Serenity 2 Bedroom Pool Villa - 5 adults or 4 adults and 1 child. Lagoon & Beachside Two Bedroom Pool Villa - 5 adults or 4 adults and 1 child. Beachfront Three Bedroom Pool Villa - 7 adults or 6 adults and 1 child.
Bliss Pool Villa, One bedroom Bedding: 1 king bed.
Serenity Pool Villa With Living Room, One bedroom Bedding: 1 king bed.
Spa Pool Villa With Massage Porch, Split over two levels, each Spa Pool Villa is the perfect romantic hideaway. Specially designed for couples with quixotic touches like outdoor showers and a personal outdoor area equipped with massage beds, chaise lounges and a dining area with bird's eye view of Mayakoba's idyllic lagoons. Enjoy sensuous spa treatments, a spacious bathroom and private landscaped garden spread out over 3,466 square feet (322 m2). Take a dip in your private swimming pool, or simply unwind on your exclusive outdoor terrace.
Room features include: Private heated swimming pool, outdoor bathtub & outdoor shower, outdoor Spa pavilion (deck) with two Spa treatment beds, Jetted Pool, hammock, indoor rain shower with steam bath, pillow menu, duvet, desk in bedroom, 40" LCD TV in bedroom, entertainment pavilion with air conditoning & 40" LCD TV, on-command movies (additional charge), air conditioning, safety deposit box, sound equipment, alarm clock, wine fridge, coffee maker, tea kettle and Banyan Tree aromatherapy kit.
Bathroom amenities include: Kimono, slippers (bathroom & pool), Banyan tree bath amenities, hairdryer, iron, weight scale, umbrella & raincoat and beach bag.
Additional amenities include: 2 complementary bicycles per villa and complementary high speed Wi-Fi (premium high speed internet access).
• Number of accommodations: 8 Bedding: 1 king bed.
Three Bedroom Family Residence, Two rooms with 1 king size bed and one room with 2 twin beds.
Serenity 2 Bedroom Pool Villa, One room with 1 king size bed and one room with 2 twin beds.
Lagoon & Beachside Two Bedroom Pool Villa, One room with 1 king size bed and one room with 2 twin beds.
Beachfront Three Bedroom Pool Villa, One room with 1 king size bed and 2 rooms with 2 twin beds.
• Only one extra person/one extra bed can be accommodated in each villa.
• No extra person, no extra bed allowed in Spa Pool Villa and Family Residence.
All accommodations include: alarm clock, ironing board, balcony, movies (in accommodation), bathtub (private), patio, bedding (premium), radio, blackout drapes, rollaway bed (on request): ($), ceiling fan, room service (24-hour), coffee/tea maker, safe (in accommodation), crib (on request), safe deposit box, data port, smoke detector, desk, sprinkler system, hairdryer, turndown service, housekeeping, voicemail, CD player, internet access (high speed), wake-up calls, DVD player, internet access (wireless), Jacuzzi, iron, air conditioning, mini-bar: ($) and bathrobes: (2).
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Reflections Pool Bar, Located just off of the main lobby, offering creative cocktail recipes with some of the best local ingredients.
La Copa, The extraordinary rooftop lounge captivates with exotic drinks, warm Riviera sunsets and sparkling night skies.
Oriente, Offers sumptuous Mexican, Asian and international breakfast buffets each morning.
Saffron, Banyan Tree's signature restaurant, serves authentic contemporary Thai cuisine. Sitting on the wooden deck overlooking the tropical mangroves.
Sands, Located on the beach. Enjoy light snacks and fresh seafood for lunch or the catch of the day and authentic Mexican specialties for dinner.
Tamarind, A unique dining experience featuring a fusion of sophisticated European cuisine with New World flavors.
Other Dining Options at the Resort:
• In-Villa Barbecue: Experience sumptuous BBQ's and magnificent evenings in the privacy and comfort of your villa.
Ixchel: Translated as 'Goddess of the Moon', Ixchel is the traditional and unique trajinera, or dining boat.
Treat yourself to magnificent local and international cuisine as you sail through the waterways of Mayakoba.
Kosher Services Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers high quality kosher foods that adhere to the most demanding orthodox requirements. The culinary team will provide you with a full menu and work with the registered professional kosher caterer to deliver your food as requested. The chefs carefully develop your daily menu for your stay.
Koshers products are supplied from around the world, including Mexico City and New York. When foods are delivered to the culinary team, the chefs personally verify and sign for it to prepare accordingly and serve as indicated.
HONEYMOON & ANNIVERSARY AMENITY 2018
Booking Dates: 07/07/2017 - 12/20/2018 Travel Dates: 01/03/2018 - 12/20/2018
• Special turn down service will be offered upon arrival date
• A bottle of house wine and rose petal on the bed upon arrival night at turn down service
• Please request your honeymoon or anniversary amenity at time of booking.
• Guests will be required to present a copy of the wedding invitation or marriage certificate at time of check in.
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• Booking Dates: 07/07/2017 - 12/20/2018
• Travel Dates: 01/03/2018 - 12/20/2018
• Breakfast Plan Details:
• No charge for children 0 to 5 years old.
• Breakfast will be offered as buffet.
• Breakfast buffet is available at Oriente Restaurant.
Bliss Pool Villa, Serenity Pool Villa and Spa Pool Villa:
• Breakfast buffet at Oriente Restaurant is included for 1 to 2 guests when purchasing breakfast rates.
Serenity 2 Bedroom Pool Villa and 2 Bedroom Pool Villa at The Haven:
• Breakfast buffet at Oriente Restaurant is included for 1 to 4 guests when purchasing breakfast rates.
3 Bedroom Family Residences and Ocean Front 3 Bedroom Pool Villa:
• Breakfast buffet at Oriente Restaurant is included for 1 to 6 guests when purchasing breakfast rates.
Golf El Camaleon Put your skills to the test at our spectacular 18-hole championship golf course. A true masterpiece, El Camalen is home to a championship golf event in Latin America, the Mayakoba Golf Classic. The dazzling course winds through tropical jungle, dense mangroves and picturesque stretches of Caribbean sand. It's 18 holes of sheer beauty! And, if you don't bring your 'A' game, 18 holes of sheer humble pie.
• Two breathtaking seaside holes
• Four cenotes-natural subterranean caves
• Driving range and short game practice facility
• Golf carts equipped with advanced GPS
• State of the art clubhouse with pristine style locker room
• Fully stocked pro shop
• Convenient access to beverage carts and fine dining
Jim McLean Golf Academy Would you like to improve every aspect of your game?? With our custom Jim McLean Golf Academy one and two day programs, intermediate and advanced players can do just that. Enjoy full days of shot-saving techniques & world-class golf instruction and drastically improve your game.
Banyan Tree Spa:
• The Banyan Tree Spa is an intimate retreat created to blend romance, serenity and exotic sensuality. A sanctuary for the senses and the very essence of Asian wellness philosophy of serenity, warmth and comfort.
Founded in Phuket in 2001, the Banyan Tree Spa Academy provides dedicated training facilities to ensure that the highly-skilled therapists consistently deliver the highest quality treatments anywhere in the world.
The Banyan Tree Spa features the following:
• 16 lagoon or jungle-view private pavilions
• The Rainforest hydrotherapy experience
• Certified therapists from the Banyan Tree Spa Academy
• Body treatments, massages and facials
• Yoga classes upon request
*All spa treatments and classes are available to guests at an additional cost.
The Chef's Experience The Chef's Garden is a wonderful space focused on creating extraordinary experiences. Awaken your senses with natural aromas of cultivated herbs, delightful organic produce, music of the surrounding nature and views of the different ecosystems. Through this initiative we provide our guests with locally-produced naturally organic food.
• Landscape creation is an art form. So the garden path was created in the shape of a treble clef. It gracefully guides you though an inspiring circuit that stimulates each of your senses. The Chefs Garden imitates natures wise processes. Respecting its laws and the life it produces, we increase its fertility and maintain a balance between transformation and decomposition. The objective of this naturally harmonious space is to produce organic, healthy food for all of the restaurants in Banyan Tree Mayakoba.
Everything is free of pesticides and fertilizers. A wide variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs are harvested, giving you the opportunity to create a deliciously unique, personalized culinary experience. Enjoy a cooking class or create an elaborate romantic dinner made with organic products picked in this sanctuary.
Green Imperative Fund (GIF) Banyan Tree Mayakoba and Angsana are committed to protecting the environment and uplifting the communities around us. The Green Imperative Fund works on the basis of guest contributions. This amount is automatically billed to guests although they are at liberty to opt out of the program anytime during their stay. Details about the Green Imperative Fund will be communicated to guests in various forms, including but not limited to in-villa turndown gifts with environmental messages.
Environmental Levy The Municipalidad of Solidaridad in the Rivera Maya is one of the most beautiful places in the Mexican Caribbean. Tourism has been instrumental in driving the economic and social development of the region. In an effort to continue to preserve, conserve and beautify the destination, the Municipality of Solidaridad has implemented a small environmental levy on visitors. Effective for travel 10/11/17 to 12/31/17, the hotels will collect $10 Mexican pesos per room per day. From 01/01/18 onwards, hotels will collect $20 Mexican pesos per room per day. The proceeds will be deposited in an environmental trust to fund local projects.
The Rainforest Experience:
• Banyan Tree Spa presents The Rainforest, an invigorating, state of the art hydrothermal experience. A signature Banyan Tree Spa innovation, The Rainforest infuses our time-honored Asian wellness philosophy with the interplay of an exclusive trail of hydrothermal therapies and facilities. Surrender your senses to a new dimension of holistic rejuvenation and journey through a cascading Rain Walk. Calm your spirit in the Aroma Steam Chamber. Luxuriate and detox in the Hammam.
• Immerse yourself in different Experience Showers. Relax in the warm Sauna then cool down with a brisk rubdown from the Ice Fountain. Get lost in your thoughts in the Vitality Pool with restorative acupressure jets and surging waterfalls. Complete the experience to wellness with the intuitive touch of the skillful Thai therapists. Your body, soul and spirit will be reawakened as you immerse yourself into this one of a kind realm of bliss and serenity.
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• Xel Ha : 38 miles(61 kms)
• Xcaret: 8.6 miles(14 kms)
• Tulum: 44 miles(71 kms)
• Playa del Carmen: 5 miles(8 kms)